Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And this is why I don't usually wave at sport bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Slammed Rod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerFactor
So, I'm riding home from work yesterday... in a good mood, weather's nice, day went well...

A group of crotch rockets were coming towards me in the oncoming lane, so I decided to give them the wave. Wouldn't you guess that every single one of them, as if it was practiced and rehearsed, gave me the one finger salute on the way by!

Do you think they were just jealous? Or maybe just in a bad mood from being bent over all day?

Just saying...
That's almost the reaction I usually get from HD riders once they see I'm on a Vrod!!! The anti-harley!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:38 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

They were just showing you their IQ's

Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
tci2
Cruiser

Gotta agree with Beemervet. Each of them were saying Harley is #1! Shucks, why we gotta get all negative about it.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Having ridden now for 50 years, I refuse to wave at "crotch rockets". Observing some of their cute tricks and endangering everyone around them, I have ZERO respect for them. They are testosterone driven and their gonads are still up in front of their eyes. They know better but are still "racing to crash" or kill someone.
Metric cruisers and the guy on the scooter with the old ammo cans or old aluminum suitcases for bags are different.

And as stated above, they so sound like a pack of leaf blowers and when encountering them, I can't help but laugh (out loud sometimes too).

Old 04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

We will never know now, but......you mighta gotten the same one finger salute even if you didn't wave.

Adam

Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
HD-EZ2NV
Cruiser

They were just probably pi$$ed that recess was over and had to hurry back to class while you grown ups were still able to be out cruisin' and enjoying the rest of the day!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Frankie-FLHXI
Road Master

is kinda funny though ... another example of youth being wasted on youth...

Old 04-14-2009, 01:24 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the saying?

Birds of a feather................

Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Leonidas
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PowerFactor
So, I'm riding home from work yesterday... in a good mood, weather's nice, day went well...

A group of crotch rockets were coming towards me in the oncoming lane, so I decided to give them the wave. Wouldn't you guess that every single one of them, as if it was practiced and rehearsed, gave me the one finger salute on the way by!

Do you think they were just jealous? Or maybe just in a bad mood from being bent over all day?

Just saying...
That's not only rude, but grounds for a f&*ck%ing *** kicking, I don't usually wave at people first, rather I wave back if they wave, but oddly enough, mostly the guys who never waved back at me when I used to wave first, were guys on harleys or choppers etc.... I used to ride a crotch rocket, and still do occasionally, but I always wave back at people, it's just the polite thing to do

P.S. ******** don't just ride crotch rockets, they're in every type of vehicle you can imagine

Cheers

Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by B_R_OO_K_L_Y_N
no buddy...there is no better bike than a crotch rocket when all u ever ridden were crotch rockets so jealous is the last thing they are. the 1st thing being ********! i got my 1st ever harley a few months ago (09 sg) after owning a few rockets and ill be the 1st to say that u cant even think about fully appreciating a harley untill u buy 1. "where has she been my whole life"!! as a past rocket owner they feel that they payd half the money for three times the performance and minimum maintenance so we're the idiots also the young ****** are attracted to rockets more than they are ultras.
honestly, if i were talking to someone who knows nothing about motorcycles i couldnt or wouldnt even try to justify recommending they pay 17k for a nighttrain when they could get more performance and less maintenance fees with a 13k suzuki m109r. but thats cuz theyll never understand untill they are sucked into the sport, hobby,and lifestyle of riding that with a harley you get the culture, respect, the trophy of riding 1 and the feeling of being the king of the road that you cant get from a suzuki or honda. im not into cars so i wont buy a 60s camaro and u will never convince me too
the rocket guys are not jealous because they dont know better but if u took my harley and gave me back my rocket, ill be miserable lol

today more people buy rockets to be "badasses" and for the ****** rather than for the ride.---those guys were ******** ive never seen that before!

HA!

Probably the most accurate and comprehensive post on this. Hell, live and let live. I hope I never let people that I don't know ruin a good day's ride by them acting like immature ********.

Quick Reply: And this is why I don't usually wave at sport bikes