Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And this is why I don't usually wave at sport bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PiedPiper
hate to tell you guys this but their future HDForums members.
That's funny chit right there...

Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know it's one thing to be a single a$$hole. You see-em avery now and then. But to get a bunch of a$$holes to all plan and agree to be a$$holes as a group is another thing.

Isn't it interesting that this group of people obviously took the time to talk and think about Harleys and that as a result of those discussions they decided that their best course of action was to become a group of a$$holes.

Boy, they sure showed us!!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 AM
PowerFactor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Isn't it interesting that this group of people obviously took the time to talk and think about Harleys and that as a result of those discussions they decided that their best course of action was to become a group of a$$holes.
That's exactly what I'm laughing (or shaking my head) the most about, the fact that they obviously sat around and pre-planned who and what to flip off...

Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Detachment2
Advanced

No doubt, just like said above what comes around goes around. The same will happen to them someday when they grow up and realize they aren't invincible on their mighty crotch rockets. They'll be cruising and have some jackass return the favor to them. I try and waive to all even though I may not agree with their choice of bike. I was always raised that if I rode anything but a Harley or at least American made I could ride with my family but I had to ride in the back. Guess that was screwed up too!!! LOL

Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

I used to attend Laconia every year staying at the same motel each time. there was a bunch of kids that were regulars there also who rode crotch rockets. every year we'd give them chit about there bikes. they were good sports about it as it was pretty much all in fun. then one year, 2 of them showed up on harleys. we asked them why the change and got a variety of reasons - more comfortable, tired of getting chit, blah blah blah. my buddy finally said "told ya - everyone grows up sometime".

Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

So you decided to give them a wave?
Just feeling generous due to your good mood I suppose.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:29 AM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh hell just keep waving they will come around.....I do and i dont care if they wave back.

Like somebody else said what goes around comes around.....they will get theres.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 AM
B_R_OO_K_L_Y_N
Advanced

Originally Posted by dragpipe
they always seem threatened or jelous of us.
yet we always get the last laugh.
no buddy...there is no better bike than a crotch rocket when all u ever ridden were crotch rockets so jealous is the last thing they are. the 1st thing being ********! i got my 1st ever harley a few months ago (09 sg) after owning a few rockets and ill be the 1st to say that u cant even think about fully appreciating a harley untill u buy 1. "where has she been my whole life"!! as a past rocket owner they feel that they payd half the money for three times the performance and minimum maintenance so we're the idiots also the young ****** are attracted to rockets more than they are ultras.
honestly, if i were talking to someone who knows nothing about motorcycles i couldnt or wouldnt even try to justify recommending they pay 17k for a nighttrain when they could get more performance and less maintenance fees with a 13k suzuki m109r. but thats cuz theyll never understand untill they are sucked into the sport, hobby,and lifestyle of riding that with a harley you get the culture, respect, the trophy of riding 1 and the feeling of being the king of the road that you cant get from a suzuki or honda. im not into cars so i wont buy a 60s camaro and u will never convince me too
the rocket guys are not jealous because they dont know better but if u took my harley and gave me back my rocket, ill be miserable lol

today more people buy rockets to be "badasses" and for the ****** rather than for the ride.---those guys were ******** ive never seen that before!

Originally Posted by PiedPiper
hate to tell you guys this but their future HDForums members.
HA!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

I wave at everyone...... same two wheels.... same risks, same rewards..... most everyone waves back
I'm TEMPTED to flip off those that don't return my wave.... but that's way more effort than they deserve....

Now there IS one guy on New Light Road, who offeres me the one finger salute, as I ride past his house with the parked Ultra...... but I guess he's just pizzed off his "honey-do" list ain't done, and his "mommy" won't let him play.... LOL

Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't sweat it. Just pissed 'cause they sound like a flock of leaf blowers.

<couldn't resist - I'm actually one of the "on 2 so that's cool" crowd.>

Quick Reply: And this is why I don't usually wave at sport bikes