Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much does it cost to be king?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:03 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree 100% on waiting until the 2010 are on the showroom floors. You'll get a heck of a better deal then.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
I am proud to say I just bought my first brand new bike. I ordered a 09 road king classic. I like the road king with the hard bags but just didnt care for the factory paint jobs offered on the hard bag models so I went with the road king classic. Anyway it will be ready for me to pick up in june. I had to order it because I wanted all the options. It comes standard with cruise control and the options I wanted include the ABS brakes and the upgraded laced wheels plus factory security system. My question is did I get screwed? I checked two local dealerships and both would only sell at msrp price. I thought I had talked the first guy down $1000 only to find out that they had marked one similar to the one I ordered up on the showroom floor by that $1000 for what the said was shipping fees to them from the factory and a set-up fee. I went to the other dealer and they would only match the first dealers price. Both of thems bottom dollar for cash money was msrp. I ended up back with the first dealer because he was nicer and he wasnt staring at my good looking wife like an etheopian staring at a ****ing steak. Long story short I paid $500 down and the bike will be available for pickup on june 15th and I paid like I said msrp for it. Thats $18379 for a color option bike (pewter pearl is what I chose) plus $450 for the wheel option plus $795 for the ABS option plus $345 for the security system and cruise control on the classic comes standard. Thats a total of $19969. As i said, it wont be here until june 15th. Should I just have waited on the 2010 and did I pay too much?
First welcome to the board, second if you truely found the ride you want why in the hell would you second guess your decision. Man up. You got what you wanted for a price that you could accept and I hope afford. Relax look through the big accessory book and enjoy the ride and Harley ownership.

On this board some can always get a better deal but who cares.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I didnt sign anything. I just called the guy back after checking both dealerships and gave him a credit card number for the $500 down and he told me that if I did decide to not buy the bike that I would lose the $500. By the way, I live in muskogee oklahoma. I checked two dealers in tulsa. One is myers duren hd the other is route 66 hd.
It is a shame I did not read further, that is BS if you made a good faith deal then so be it. But now you back after you made a deal for a bike you wanted that is real BS. It is people like that give reason to treat people like crap. Unbelievable the S^$ I read on this board.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,825 Likes on 1,184 Posts

How much does it cost to be king?

That would depend upon how poor the people are over whom you wish to rule

Old 05-25-2009, 07:56 PM
AUSTEX RKC
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just FYI it does not look like OK has a buyer's remorse law that applies to vehicles.

If you got what you wanted be happy dude!

"Many people mistakenly believe that they have 3 business days to change their minds about any major purchase, such as a home or a car. This is not true!

The Oklahoma buyers remorse laws apply primarily to products purchased in your own home, from door-to-door sales people, or other sales persons. This includes home sales parties and retailers who are doing business away from their usual space. It also covers items sold in rented space such as hotel meeting rooms. Under federal law, any item purchased in this way with a value over $25 may be returned for a full refund within 3 days.
There is no law that a traditional retailer must issue a refund if a consumer changes their mind about a purchase. Car dealerships are examples of retailers who traditionally don’t give refunds or exchanges."

http://blog.laborlawtalk.com/2006/12...-remorse-laws/

Old 05-25-2009, 07:59 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think it makes any dif... If you find what you like, does a G up or down realy is so important? didnt think so...

Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
papa_freeman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy WTF!! No Hot Wife Pics??

No **** only 70 posts. LOL All the phone calls and my time spent here on the forum trying to save probably cost me but I enjoed it!
OK, fair is fair, I know this post is a bit stale, but after ALL the effort from your bro's, the least you could offer up is a pic or two of the hottie---