Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much does it cost to be king?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 PM
maxflhx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid too much too! Name brands always cost more than the generic version so I'm ok with that.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Milwaukee 1
Cruiser

I'd have gotten what was on the dealer floor and made myself believe thats what I really wanted anyway. Talk about impulsive buyer, they see me comin! I paid what they asked me to and have enjoyed it every single day since I first got my bike. I don't like getting ripped off but my scoot has been worth every dime so far and yours will be too.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Tulsa the economy has not taken that big of a hit. Bikes around here will not go below MSRP. They can pretty much get what they want.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I paid too much for my bike too...so what? You're in good company with a whole lot of us.

Two parts of your deal that would bother me are having to wait until June for your bike and their unwillingness to find one for you. I know for a fact that my local dealer can get on his computer and probably find the same bike sitting on a showroom somewhere within the five state region near OK. Your dealer may not want to do that for you though...and they don't sound like guys I'd want to do business with. Another option is to take your $500 back, call a (or several) dealer out of state and ask them to do a search for you. For $500, you can fly or drive out and pick your bike up.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I paid too much for my bike too...so what? You're in good company with a whole lot of us.

Two parts of your deal that would bother me are having to wait until June for your bike and their unwillingness to find one for you. I know for a fact that my local dealer can get on his computer and probably find the same bike sitting on a showroom somewhere within the five state region near OK. Your dealer may not want to do that for you though...and they don't sound like guys I'd want to do business with. Another option is to take your $500 back, call a (or several) dealer out of state and ask them to do a search for you. For $500, you can fly or drive out and pick your bike up.

Now that's a "Touring" forum topic/answer!

On that note, why would anyone wait to buy/take delivery of a harley? All our dealers are loaded with choices. $1000-$1500 below MSRP, and now I'm pissed I didn't get this kinda deal..... oh well, still in love

Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Olyone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I reading this right. There are no papers work signed??? How would they have proof this was for a down on a scoot??? IF your happy with the bike ....get it and ride it and have fun with it. IF not go get your money back because there is NO contract binding you to it. If you have ill feelings I would seriousely talk to an attorney because there is no paper work. Does not make any sense to me.
Good luck and keep us posted

Old 04-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rail
Also, you can work the dealer in other ways in order to sweeten things up.. Have them throw in the 1000 mile service and eat the destination charges.. Also work them for 15% off anything for 30 days from the date of purchase.. Things like this will make the pain of paying MSRP not so painfull..
That's what you negotiate before the deal's been made, not after. But you can always try.

Last edited by Twinrider; 04-14-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
I am proud to say I just bought my first brand new bike. I ordered a 09 road king classic.
There's always someone out there who got a better deal, that's the nature of the world. The question is did you get the best deal you can get? If it's not the best deal some other swinging d!ck can get then who cares. It's the best you can get, and it's what you wanted. Don't let the second guessing on price ruin the enjoyment of the bike you want.

What's cool is that there's plenty of smart guys right here on this thread that have admitted they paid too much for their scoot as well. Getting exactly what you want sometimes has a price.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:09 AM
56Maynard
Cruiser

You got exactly what you wanted and said you'd take it. I'd have difficulty going back on my word now. Enjoy

Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A good deal is a state of mind. If you are happy, you got a good deal !!

Quick Reply: how much does it cost to be king?