Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much does it cost to be king?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:44 PM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"We don't pay MSRP in Muskogee...., hey, I've heard that even squares can have a ball in Muskogee. Is that true? Is so, I'm there.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nskitts
"We don't pay MSRP in Muskogee...., hey, I've heard that even squares can have a ball in Muskogee. Is that true? Is so, I'm there.
I knew somebone would have to say it!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What the hell, just enjoy it.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

It's a special order bike and you're getting exactly what you want.. You have to pay to play when you aren't buying one off the floor.. On the other hand, I have some reservations about a $500 deposit but nothing signed.. I would hate for you to get to June 15th only to find out it was never ordered because nothing was ever written up and agreed to..

Also, you can work the dealer in other ways in order to sweeten things up.. Have them throw in the 1000 mile service and eat the destination charges.. Also work them for 15% off anything for 30 days from the date of purchase.. Things like this will make the pain of paying MSRP not so painfull..

If it's any consolation, the dealers in this area are charging MSRP and are getting it.. My dealer does throw in the other goodies that I listed about..

Good luck

Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rail
It's a special order bike and you're getting exactly what you want.. You have to pay to play when you aren't buying one off the floor.. On the other hand, I have some reservations about a $500 deposit but nothing signed.. I would hate for you to get to June 15th only to find out it was never ordered because nothing was ever written up and agreed to..

Also, you can work the dealer in other ways in order to sweeten things up.. Have them throw in the 1000 mile service and eat the destination charges.. Also work them for 15% off anything for 30 days from the date of purchase.. Things like this will make the pain of paying MSRP not so painfull..

If it's any consolation, the dealers in this area are charging MSRP and are getting it.. My dealer does throw in the other goodies that I listed about..

Good luck
Thanks for the most constructive and useful advice so far.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree with most of the guys about the price you paid for the bike. I am sure someone somewhere might get it a little cheaper, but not much cheaper. Paying MSRP for a Harley Davidson Motorcycle is not considered getting ripped off. I am happy that most of the dealers continue to sell at MSRP, because that helps my resale value on the bike I own. Harley does control what the dealers can do and what they cannot do. There has to be some sort of standard.

But, I also believe it is good practice for dealers to throw in some incentives. Such as, free 1000 mile service and about 600 dollars of accessories. All you have to do is ask. Even after the fact. Don't be afraid to ask!!

I payed MSRP, 600 dollars on accessories and first service free with synthetic oil.

JMHO, Good luck!!!

All bikes are allocated by Harley to the dealers. Dealers just change the options on the bike. They do not call Harley up and say send me a Road King.

Last edited by hyperfocal; 04-13-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

There will always be a better deal, no matter what you pay. If you get the bike you want thats really all that matters. I assume you went in knowing something about the price and made your choice, stop second guessing yourself and be happy.

Last edited by EricD10563; 04-13-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 PM
SteveUltra
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Whoever said money can't buy happiness, never bought a brand new Harley.

Just wait until the day you take it home. Congratulations!!!
So far I have bought 2 new Harleys and paid msrp, but both times I got exactlly the bike I wanted.

The day I got married and the day my daughter was born were both great days and happy days, but there was some fear clouding the happiness on those days.

Both times I rode out of the dealer with a brand spanking new F&ckin Harley-Davidson were pure unclouded joy and happiness, my face hurt from smilin so much.

If you ordered a bike the way you want it your not gonna get better than msrp. Try not to lose too much sleep over it between now and june and enjoy.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

kinda sick feeling in Yr gut, reasons above why not to rush into buying.....

Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by candyx
Take the $500.00 hit and this time buy a FLHX ,consider yourself lucky for almost making the worst discission in your life.
Yeah, buy a SG ! Then you and the other 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 people who bought one can all compare bikes.

Gimme a break..........

1931jamesw, you made the right decision, or "discission" as candyx spells it

Quick Reply: how much does it cost to be king?