Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much does it cost to be king?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
hogginit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would stick to the deal. Most dealers will not sell for MSRP and besides your color and factory options would probably be extremely difficult to find on a dealers floor. Nobody knows what changes will be made to 2010 models and options may be more expensive on those. Beside losing $500 to ftry and save $1000 does not sound like a worthwhile effort.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hogginit. thats what I was thinking too. Both dealerships tried all other dealerships in this state and three surrounding states to try to get the bike with all the options and turned up nothing. Thats why it was ordered.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 PM
DaltonHD
Cruiser

Congrats on deciding to buy HDs' finest bike!
I would call my CC Co and cancel..Get online and find what you want somewhere else..Someone somewhere has it..No way I would wait till June for an 09 and pay top dollar for it,,Heck, if your going to wait get a 2010!
As far as the price..I don't think you got screwed. I do think you are paying more than an 09 FLOOR MODEL is commanding this late in the model year though.
For an 09 with all the options you want you may find one on the other side of the country and have it shipped to your door for the same $$. That is not a bad deal for exactly what you want....Again, if the transaction involves waiting, I'd wait for a 2010.

Best wishes.

Last edited by DaltonHD; 04-13-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
I didnt sign anything. I just called the guy back after checking both dealerships and gave him a credit card number for the $500 down and he told me that if I did decide to not buy the bike that I would lose the $500.
If the dealer has placed the order and would be stuck with the bike if you didn't buy it, I can understand this. But if that's not the case, it sounds like the dealer has a bad attitude that could bite you later.

I'm guessing the latter because it seems odd that they would custom order a $20,000 bike without having you sign something indicating you intend to buy it.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:33 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well lets think about this.... you are paying TOP dollar for a bike that has been sitting for a year... if you are happy with that then you are ok on the deal... secondly, you wany specific options, are you willing not to get them to get a better deal? If not then you got a good deal... I guess what I'm trying to say is if you think you got a good deal then you did, but I think like others on this board and say now is the time to deal on 09's and deal hard... I would say if I were you, I would walk away on this deal, unless he is throwing in extras for ya... and by extras I would say would be 1000 credit on parts and acc. or something similar.. remember your paying cash, and cash is KING.. so if they dont like your cash, then go to the next dealer... I went to 5 different dealers before one would take my deal.... well worth the wait....

Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree that you may have paid a little on the high side but don’t kick yourself too hard. Most of us here probably paid too much for our HD’s and all the crap we add on and we will continue to do so. Hell, I just traded an 08 for an 09 because I decided I wanted ABS. Talk about Bendover City!

Bottom line is you ordered your first new bike and it’s what you want. Most of the $1,000 off MSRP deals are for bikes sitting on the floor. If you want to give up your deposit or fight to get it back and go for a better deal then more power to you.

Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME.

BTW. if it helps at all, IMHO, you are buying the best damn looking bike in the Harley lineup. I will have an RKC sitting in the garage next to the Ultra some day. Just have to figure out how to pay for it!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:42 PM
fairplay
Road Master

remember this is a toy and meant to be fun. enjoy it and don;t worry about a couple bucks.

I just hate to see you wait two months for something that is on most dealer floors. The wheels can be swapped out with any other floor model, the security is a drop in part. The only tough option would be the abs but thats not too hard to find these days.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The abs was the hang up. I wanted that option and they couldnt find it on a classic anywhere in my area. Since I had to order one to get it I opted for the wheels upgrade too.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 PM
DaltonHD
Cruiser

duplicate

Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
colmeg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life is short get what you want!

Quick Reply: how much does it cost to be king?