Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Western NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
txbazzman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Western NY

I was wondering if there is anyone on here from western NY like Jamestown fredonia areas? I am heading home(Jamestown when I get back from Afghanistan and was wondering if anyone had some good rides I could take while I am home 5 June-14 June? Or wanna meet up for a ride? Let me know and thanks in Advance

Old 04-13-2009, 05:31 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,240 Likes on 1,851 Posts

You might get more of a response if you post this in the "northeast" section of the forum. There are a few NY'ers that post in there.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 AM
TJB50
Tourer

First off a big thank you for your service to this country! I'm from Jamestown and best rides I have been on seem to go down into Pa on route 6 or a nice ride is to DuBois Harley Davidson. Stay away from I-86 by all means. It is falling apart with big chuncks of concert leaving deep exposed holes with re-bar expossed. I would be honored to ride with you, just PM when the time gets closer.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

yes, thanx for your duty to our country. we appreciate everything you do for us.

you didn't say how long of a trip you wanted to take so here's a few ideas.
one of my favorite areas to ride is in the adirondacks. love the mountains and scenery. I usually like to take route 3 up into Lake Placid and back down Route 9 to either Lake George or Saratoga. if you want to extend this trip even further, cross into Vermont on route 4 and the scenery is pretty much the same. you can circle back into ny on route 7.

another great area and closer to home is in the fingerlakes region - no mountains but plenty of rolling hills, valleys and lakes. lots of little places to shop and chill also. route 14 along side seneca lake is real nice with wineries all over if your into that.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 AM
cannedham1
Cruiser
Default western Ny

Thanks for your service,
Ilive in Lockport not far from Buffalo. I have an uncle in Fredonia. PM me when you get back maybe we can set up acouple good rides. I know the ride to Erie PA down route 5 or 20 are good. My friends and I like to ride to Rochester to couple good barbaque joints or down to Letworth state park .

Old 04-14-2009, 10:44 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Originally Posted by TJB50
First off a big thank you for your service to this country! I'm from Jamestown and best rides I have been on seem to go down into Pa on route 6 or a nice ride is to DuBois Harley Davidson. Stay away from I-86 by all means. It is falling apart with big chuncks of concert leaving deep exposed holes with re-bar expossed. I would be honored to ride with you, just PM when the time gets closer.
Ben to Dubois Harley Davidson that is one great looking shop very cool.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:29 PM
molsen
Road Master

First, thanks for your service. I live in Niagara Falls, and we could do a meet around Olean and head over to Dinosaurs(sp?) in Rochester for some good eats. PM me, I would be around. Or we can head up toward lake Ontario and go over on 18 to Rochester or even further East. Depends on the mileage.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Gambler1
Cruiser

I live 10 miles from Jamestown P.M. me when you can.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
txbazzman
Advanced
Default thanks

I will definitely hit you guys up. I am riding my bike up from texas and really looking forward to it.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM
JUICEDSS
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Grand Island here. I'm always up for meeting new people and riding.

Quick Reply: Western NY