Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Road King High Handlebar vs. Heritage Style Handlebar

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 PM
IronLegend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
To each's own & I'm glad your happy with the High Bars, but as you can see from the pic I posted the Heritage Style bars don't bend your wrists at all in any direction. I wonder if you tried a bar that you THOUGHT was the Heritage Style bar but wasn't? Now I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the bars that they put stock on Heritage bikes & the Heritage Style bars are two different bars with slightly different shapes to them. The grip area on bars that they put stock on a Heritage do slightly curve down whereas the Heritage style bars don't.
My (used) 2002 RK Std. had beachbars on it which I didn't like because they weren't high enough so I got used, what I was told were, custom bars which have good pullback but the grip part of the bar is angled a bit too far inwards (wheelbarrow) which for me hampers the low speed tight turn thing. Having read the posts of Heritage vs Heritage "Style" bars I think I would need the Heritage Style bars...so would anyone out there know the part# for these Heritage Style bars appropriate to my 2002 RK Std? Thanx.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:56 PM
BlackFLHR
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by devils haircut
Now that you have had the high handlebar, what is your long term impression of the bar? I too am debating between the high handlebar and the heritage bar for my 09 RKC.

Well my love affair with the RK High bars was short lived. We divorced shortly after I started this thread. Turns out that while these RK High bars were better than the Heritage style bars, they still angled my wrists a little to outward. So I decided to spend a little more money and went with Wild1 8" Mini Apes. I've had them for several months, and I'm very pleased with them. It just seemed to be something with HD bars not aligning with my wrists properly.

See this post for the Wild1 bars that I have... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post5005214

Originally Posted by Jahillsr
What an interesting point between the Heritage bars and the Heritage STYLE bars. I got that right, yes?

So which are the "police" bars?

I'm looking for bars that are not quite as wide and have more pull back for my '98 RKC. I had MCC move me forward an inch but it wasn't enough to sit me up straight.
Yes there is a difference between "Heritage" bars and "Heritage Style" bars. Many people get them confused... Basically, "Heritage" bars are the OE bars that come stock on bikes such as the Heritage Classic. They have significantly more rise than the "Heritage Style" bars do. The "Heritage Style" bars are made for the touring models (verus the Heritage Softail), but are meant to mimmic their form.