Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals.

I love my pipes but honestly, they are a bit too loud for me. I'm only 35 and in the military so I don't feel old. LOL Today me and a friend rode the long way home (just over an hour) and my head is hurting due to the noise. He was behind me and stated the same. Does anyone know if they make a quieter baffle for these pipes? I was next to a set of Rineharts and mine are much louder. I really have to baby it in the mornings when riding through my neighborhood.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals.

Oh, the good news is that I can still clearly hear my Hogtunes over the exhaust.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:21 PM
RBJones
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ABnmarine,
As you know from using firearms, anytime you're reaching the threshhold of pain you are doing permanent damage to your ears. Cranking up the Hogtunes above your exhaust noise is just adding to that. I've noticed a lot of my buddies with loud pipes talk at the top of their lungs all the time even when it's quiet. Hearing loss? I've noticed some riders putting in ear plugs. Maybe they're the smart ones.

BTW, you've got a cute kid there. Starting her early, I see.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the info. I was talking to someone here and they mentioned that there may be more room for additional packing material around the baffles. I'll pull them this weekend to check. I want to keep the pipes but they are just too loud for me. Riding with earplugs kind of defeats the purpose of the pipes.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Oh, thanks about the daughter. She loves to hand Daddy his tools too. I intend on passing over my knowledge to her on cars/bikes.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:04 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can put a disc in front of the baffle and that will quiet them down but that will affect performance. Check their website. They are working on another baffle to reduce the sound. In the interim enjoy the short runs and use ear plugs on the longer ones.
ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

I love my pipes but honestly, they are a bit too loud for me. I'm only 35 and in the military so I don't feel old. LOL Today me and a friend rode the long way home (just over an hour) and my head is hurting due to the noise. He was behind me and stated the same. Does anyone know if they make a quieter baffle for these pipes? I was next to a set of Rineharts and mine are much louder. I really have to baby it in the mornings when riding through my neighborhood.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:07 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's the disc I made

[IMG]local://upfiles/3184/4C403D6EED764A7F9F2E01BC9BC6643B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Ganno57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear electronic earplugs. Unless you look directly at my ears you will never know they are in. I have a tough time with wind noise on the highway and not the sound of the exhaust although I feel the T-Rex pipes are too loud for me. The electronic plugs cut out the high pitch of the wind and muffle the exhaust a little. I can still hear the radio just fine. I can even hear the OL talking, can't have everything. It might be something worth looking into. A friend of mine makes them for shooting sports. He makes them with or without the electronic device.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:09 AM
gobby
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where would one get those electronic ear plugs?

Old 05-04-2006, 02:34 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Riding with ear plugs does not defeat the purpose of the pipes. I use foam rubber plugs and still hear my exhaust. In fact it sounds deeper like I like it. I use the plugs to cut wind noise. The exhaust sound does not bother me with or without the plugs. It is behind me. I have a Hooker 2 into 1 Tuned-Flow exhaust.

I would like to hear more (no pun intended) about the electronic ear plugs.

Quick Reply: Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals.