Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 03:33 AM
RBJones
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals.

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

Oh, thanks about the daughter. She loves to hand Daddy his tools too. I intend on passing over my knowledge to her on cars/bikes.
If you got some pullback bars and lower the seat a little, she'll be ready to ride in no time. Oh -- make sure she puts her boots on.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Those are good looking pipes but I've heard they are loud. I'm just not into LOUD pipes anymore...especially on a bagger. My Thunderheader 2-1 was pretty loud with my hotrod Fatboy, but had a nice low rumble at idle. Hiway speeds and the drone was tiresome, even though it was still a mellow drone. I agree with others that ear plugs for a long trip aren't a bad idea to protect the ears mostly from wind noise, but I'm not a big fan of that either. I never thought I'd say it, but my stock pipes with VH Oval Slip-on's are just about perfect for me, probably not LOUD enough for many. Whenever I see someone cruise by with really loud pipes, it's always kind of amusing, particularly because often times the louder the pipe, the weaker the performance. I DO hope you find a fix though. They are nice looking. Have you called HC? Do they offer a quiet baffle?

Old 05-04-2006, 09:32 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Hard-Krome FAQ's

Q: My pipes are great but I would like the option of being able to tone the sound down a little bit. Is there anything you offer for my pipes?

A: Excellent question. Our R&D department is hard at work trying to develop a baffle that will tone down our pipes while still maintaining a high level of performance associated with our Hard-Krome pipes. This process is taking a little longer than we had previously thought. We will update the website as soon as more information is available. Thank you for being patient.

You can make some disc like I tried and place the sound/performance balance where you want. I did not like that so I bought 200 E.A.R. ear plugs on eBay for $8 and will use them on long rides until Hard Krome provides an alternative.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Ganno57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: gobby

where would one get those electronic ear plugs?
Try going to some of your local shooting ranges. Ask if anyone does custom molded earplugs. Beltone is another source but they usually charge a bit more.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stick to the ear plugs until they come out with the baffles.
ORIGINAL: zubaugh

The Hard-Krome FAQ's

Q: My pipes are great but I would like the option of being able to tone the sound down a little bit. Is there anything you offer for my pipes?

A: Excellent question. Our R&D department is hard at work trying to develop a baffle that will tone down our pipes while still maintaining a high level of performance associated with our Hard-Krome pipes. This process is taking a little longer than we had previously thought. We will update the website as soon as more information is available. Thank you for being patient.

You can make some disc like I tried and place the sound/performance balance where you want. I did not like that so I bought 200 E.A.R. ear plugs on eBay for $8 and will use them on long rides until Hard Krome provides an alternative.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:21 AM
FD2
Cruiser

I was wondering about toning down the SE pipes on my 2000 RK. The police over here are really hot on non standard noise and it also forms part of our annual vehicle check. Strange to see the debate over ear plugs too as most riders over here were them certainly on longer hauls.

I was wondering whether any one had experience of S&Ss new slips ons that promise a more reasonable noise with no loss of performance?
Pete
Liverpool, UK

Old 05-06-2006, 10:36 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a good friend who put Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals on his EG. To me they sounded great but he hated them. Took them off within a week and went back to stock. They are good lookin pipes but really loud. I mean really loud.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

I just finished installing them on my RK. I love the look, and don't have to worry about the boot heal buring up any more ever again. I do agree. They are "loud". I'm going to work on making a disc to put in the back ends to help bring down the db's some and see what it does to the performance. And if the folks at Hard Krome come up with a muffler/baffle insert then will look into that.

I'm keeping all of my orignal equipment just in case the future tightens up on the EPA stuff in my area.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:32 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Ok, guys. BountyHunter sent me this a month ago or so, so here is some info that might help you. I have not done this, nor am I going to. I like my pipes the way that they are, but I may try something with them if HK comes out with a new baffle.

Link ------> HERE

Bob

Old 05-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the link. I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow. I'll post my results afterwords.
ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

Ok, guys. BountyHunter sent me this a month ago or so, so here is some info that might help you. I have not done this, nor am I going to. I like my pipes the way that they are, but I may try something with them if HK comes out with a new baffle.

Link ------> HERE

Bob

Quick Reply: Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals.