Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM V to SERT???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Mr. Pking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM V to SERT???

I know it's been beaten to Death BUT;

Has anyone switched from PCM V to SERT?

I put a PCM V on my bike when I purchased it, had it dyno'd and it is not running right. Bike lurches, Decel pops , hard starts...

Thinking of going the SERT route.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:11 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 673 Likes on 537 Posts

u can simply unplugg the pcv and it will run stock untill u get sest however u got a bad tune it would be much cheeper to try downloading a base map from dynojet. there is no garentee youl get a better tune with sest.they are both tools that allow changes a bad dyno operator can make bad changes with either system.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:35 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did u get your tune from for the PCV ?

Old 04-12-2009, 02:37 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My BIL drank the Kool-Aid and switched to SERT from PC V. He wasn't having any problems with the PC V, and performance seems no better. Now he's married to the Dealer.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

simply put-

if your tuner cant get it to run right with the power commander, what makes you think the SERT is going to magically fix it? its my understanding that while it is a more advanced tuner than a PC, it can be even harder to get setup properly. id take it back to your tuner and explain exactly what is going on. you can also try saving your custom map and upload a canned map from dynojet that matches your mods.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Leonidas
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the same setup as you (rinehart slipons, SE AC, PCV) on 09 FLHRC, I'll gladly send you my map if you like.. it was from Jamie at FuelMoto , it runs great for me, no dec popping whatsoever, runs smooth as butter so far.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:45 PM
TexasVet
Tourer

I have a PCV and map from Fuel Moto and the map just didn't run correctly for my bike. I contacted Fuel Moto and spoke with Keith. He sent me a new map while I was talking to him and the bike runs better than ever.

Last edited by TexasVet; 04-12-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
saw*me
Tourer

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
My BIL drank the Kool-Aid and switched to SERT from PC V. He wasn't having any problems with the PC V, and performance seems no better. Now he's married to the Dealer.
I agree. I have the SERT and it works great but if I had it to do over it would be the PC no question. If the tuner is working properly your problem is the guy doing the tune . Heck everyone has a bad day once in a while. Then again some just don't know what they are doing when it comes to fuel injection. You get a SERT and you want to tweek it you better have a good Bud at the dealer. $$$$

Tom

Old 04-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Leonidas
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Pking
I know it's been beaten to Death BUT;

Has anyone switched from PCM V to SERT?

I put a PCM V on my bike when I purchased it, had it dyno'd and it is not running right. Bike lurches, Decel pops , hard starts...

Thinking of going the SERT route.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Check your PM's (map sent)

Cheers!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Leonidas
Road Master

Originally Posted by saw*me
I agree. I have the SERT and it works great but if I had it to do over it would be the PC no question. If the tuner is working properly your problem is the guy doing the tune . Heck everyone has a bad day once in a while. Then again some just don't know what they are doing when it comes to fuel injection. You get a SERT and you want to tweek it you better have a good Bud at the dealer. $$$$

Tom
Well said Tom, My map should solve your problem as I have the same setup as you and my bike runs great... however, if you still are not totally happy(**** does happen and not all of us run at the same elevation)I would definitely call jamie at FuelMoto and have a talk with him. With the addition of the AutoTune module you will definitely find yourself running smooth as butter. Before I buy the SERT I'd definitely invest in an AutoTune to run with your PCV, but with the map I've sent you, things should be just fine as is.

Cheers

Quick Reply: PCM V to SERT???