Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I get reimbursed for my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:32 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,358 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by burnafatty
Does that mean the five years run the same time as the factory warranty? And you would lose some of what he paid? How much besides the 35 dollars or is there a formula to figure out.
really depends on what you actually bought. did you buy the five year extended for a total of seven, or did you buy the five year total (which actually is 3 extended).

in either case, any refund would be prorated from day 1 (date of purchase) and if you financed it, would be sent to the lien holder.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:50 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wecroft
It says exactly what I said. Read the two lines above the Mechanical breakdown reference you gave. That part of the coverage begins there because that's where the factory coverage of that item leaves off. The factory warranty picks up the first two years including mechanical breakdown

A seven year policy will go until 7 years starting on the purchase date. Notice it's still a total of 7 years. Look at the chart. The seven year period ends at the same spot for all three lines. The round circle say "Up to Seven Years". So, if you bought a 7 year policy it will expire 7 years after the purchase date and the first five years are covered under the factory warranty. If your policy is dated to expire in 7 years, you paid for a 7 year coverage, not five years.

P.S. the page you supplied is not the contract, it is an advertisment. Check the contract and see what you were charged for.
You need to re-read jeff.georgalas post again, he clearly states he extended to the 7 year contract by adding 5 years of coverage to his exixting warranty. So I don't see why your contadicting everyone into thinking your losing 2 years, or am I missing something with your WRONG reply?. And yes I DID get back 3 years coverage when I cancelled after 4, your dealer gets the check from the warranty company and then the dealer sends you a check. Maybe they screwed you into thinking you should get less?
Plus if you use the warrantee anytime durring the coverage, you get less back.

Last edited by monkyman; 04-12-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM
roadking1893
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not even six months after I got my 07 RKC I started to modifying so I called the dealer where I got the bike and told I want to cancell the extended warranty three weeks later the 1,200.00 give or take was refunded to me. So if you are asking if they will give you money back, they should.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I bought an '08 S.G. last July, and got a five year extended warranty with it. After driving it for the rest of the year I got disgusted with the stock performance of the engine. I now want to have some aftermarket engine work done to bump the h.p. and torque. This would void my warranty, so I figured if possible I'll cash it in with Harley, take the money that I paid for it, and put it towards a big bore kit. But, can I get my money back from Harley? I should be able to since that doesn't even kick in for another year and a half.

Also, does anybody have this, and if so, are their numbers verifiable?
Stage 1 Street Performer 103 " Kit $1536*

Kit includes:
  • Stage 1 Street Performer Heads
  • Wisco forged pistons (includes rings, wristpin and clips)
  • Head Gaskets and Base O-Rings
  • Bored cylinders to 3.875" bore (Customer supplied cylinders).
  • Your choice of cam (not pictured)
Provides "Bolt On" performance upgrade for the Twin Cam 96.
*This kit retails for $1617 if purchased seperately!

Originally Posted by monkyman
You need to re-read jeff.georgalas post again, he clearly states he extended to the 7 year contract by adding 5 years of coverage to his exixting warranty. So I don't see why your contadicting everyone into thinking your losing 2 years, or am I missing something with your WRONG reply?. And yes I DID get back 3 years coverage when I cancelled after 4, your dealer gets the check from the warranty company and then the dealer sends you a check. Maybe they screwed you into thinking you should get less?
Plus if you use the warrantee anytime durring the coverage, you get less back.
Not being contradictory, just stating what the warranty contract says. Now if you want to re read theff.georgalas' origional post and find where he says he "extended to a 7 year warranty" I'll sit here and wait for that quote.
And to bolster what I said about you must have bought a 7 year contract, you just stated that they gave you back 3 yrs when you canceled after 4 years. Yes you're missing something. Break out your contract and look at the start date and expiration date, it's that simple.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but so far you seem to be the only one here who has gotten the special deal with a start date two year down the road.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is how it works. A seven year policy will give you a total of seven years coverage from the original purchase date. The original MOCO 2 year warranty will cover mechanical breakdowns. The reason the coverage is stated a seven year is because the owner reimburment coverage starts from the original purchase date. The Rental reimbursment, Towing reimbursment and Lodging reimburment start from day one. MOCO does not cover these. The Mechanical coverage starts exactly 2 years from your original purchase date. So does your deductible. Wheel and tire coverage starts from purchase date an has no deductible. After 90 days there is a penalty for cancelling and the check goes to you, not the dealer. The extended service is NOT the MOCO! IF you are within the 12 years and have not used the service, it is not prorated. You can cancle it at any time, and you don't have to make up a story to the dealer. You paid for it. Depending on credit score and if financed through Eaglemark, the balance will be returned to the lender.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Gutman
FINALLY!! Someone shows up who has actually read the contract. Now, stand by to be informed that you can't possibly be right.

Minor correction though: It's if not used within 12 months it's pro-rated.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:23 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

done it and yes it works. i got paid

Old 04-12-2009, 10:17 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gutman
Here is how it works. A seven year policy will give you a total of seven years coverage from the original purchase date. The original MOCO 2 year warranty will cover mechanical breakdowns. The reason the coverage is stated a seven year is because the owner reimburment coverage starts from the original purchase date. The Rental reimbursment, Towing reimbursment and Lodging reimburment start from day one. MOCO does not cover these. The Mechanical coverage starts exactly 2 years from your original purchase date. So does your deductible. Wheel and tire coverage starts from purchase date an has no deductible. After 90 days there is a penalty for cancelling and the check goes to you, not the dealer. The extended service is NOT the MOCO! IF you are within the 12 years and have not used the service, it is not prorated. You can cancle it at any time, and you don't have to make up a story to the dealer. You paid for it. Depending on credit score and if financed through Eaglemark, the balance will be returned to the lender.
I just read My contract and it reads the same! SO let's put this to rest and quit Hijacking the OPs thread! Wanna battle it out...build your own thread!

Wecroft...I understand what you're getting at...but ya wanted Me to read...and I did...and I understand. But it says what it say!

the Extended Warranty is not MOCO and is just an ancillary!

Good Night All...Ride Safe, Mike