Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Jerm21
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ 1 on the NXT Tech Was 2.0, I used it on my e-glide and the results were superb.

Also – dish soap (such as Dawn) is recommended before applying a new wax as a means of stripping off any old wax. Once you have waxed it, then you should use a traditional car/bike soap.

- Jerm

Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 PM
moosh
Road Captain

tried most of whats out there ....zymol is all I use

Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never tried NXT Tech. I used to manage a large auto parts store and I tried most of the waxes that we sold (which were all the major brands). In my opinion the best stuff on the market is Liquid Glass. I use it on my bike and both my vehicles.

http://www.liquidglass.com/lgpolish.htm

Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a one step application, over the counter product, Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 does a nice job. Especially on darker colors. Helps hide those pesky swirl marks.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
BigFokker
Tourer

I've been hooked on Meguiars for a while now. I haven't tried the tech wax stuff yet, but I don't know if it will beat their Gold Class.
Fyi, between washes, use the quick detailer spray - very good for maintaining the shine and it doesn't strip the wax.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face Tec wax

Tec wax does a great job of removing swirls and scratches, but it don't last long enough for my taste. I moved on to the glare polish.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firecap62
The only thing i can say is DO NOT use dawn or any other dishsoap, it takes off the wax. Use something made to wash vehicles, like a wash n wax.
I use the dish soap before waxing, when I just wash the bike, I use some wash and wax crap.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been using the NXT 2.0 for about a year since it first came out, I usually do 2-3 coats right on top of each other............great shine and hides any swirl marks.

Steve

Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Junebug
Advanced

Originally Posted by my1sthog
Tec wax does a great job of removing swirls and scratches, but it don't last long enough for my taste. I moved on to the glare polish.
Unfortunatley it isnt removing the swirls or scratches it is only filling them if anything. In order to remove swirls or scratches you would need to use an abrasive polish of some type. I prefer the Poorboys products for polishing and then a sealant such as Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant followed by Wolfgang Fuzion or Pinnacle Souveran wax. One should not use Dawn as a wash soap, It has extreme drying effects on rubber lines, wire, etc.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by firecap62
The only thing i can say is DO NOT use dawn or any other dishsoap, it takes off the wax. Use something made to wash vehicles, like a wash n wax.
I think some people use it to intentionally strip the wax before they wax to start with a fresh coat.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0