Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you have money your spouse doesn't know about?
I've got a secret credit card.
6.18%
I've got a secret cash stash.
34.83%
I don't currently, but it's a great idea.
7.87%
My spouse knows about all my purchases.
56.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Poll Regarding Mama Don't Know Money

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Krulls09Ultra
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdwg_rugby
She is just cheap...with everything. God help me if she ever reads this...

I've got to honestly say my wife is the same way

Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's a team effort with separate accounts as well. But her having to ask me for my share of the expenses after she does the monthly accounting helps me keep track of where my money is going.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trippie
We have seperate accounts, seperate $. She pays for her things, I pay for mine. I pay everything assocaited with the house, she picks up most of the kids stuff. We sat down one day and tallied all the expenses we each pay every month. We were within' $50... never had an argument since. Sure there are stressfull moments, but it's not a big deal at all.
I picked up a 103" for my bike.... all she said was "nice air thingy."
I have a similiar deal, 2 accounts and I pay for almost everything. My beautiful wife pays for food and whatever the kids need.

Last week we went to the local HD and she spent $400 on BS and I spent $50. No wait a minute, she spent $0 and I spent $450 now that I think about it. WTF!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:41 AM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

I don't have a stash, and I'm not married yet, but will be May 2. We've lived together for a little over a year now. I usually tell her what I buy, but I try to leave out how much I spend. I once heard someone say there are three costs to everything - what you tell your friends you paid, what you tell your lady you paid, and how much it really cost.

I make about 3 or 4 times her income (I work a lot of OT), and she doesn't really know what I make. I pay all of the bills including her cell phone. She buys the groceries. The joint account thing has been brought up in conversation before. I think she was testing the water at the time, but I'm trying to pick up my toys while I can! If I left out a bank statement, I'd probably be grounded! That may be for the best, though.

Last edited by mplecha; 04-10-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife doesn't have a clue how much money we have or even where all of it is at. As long as her checks clear the bank and her debit card is never refused she is a happy camper. Anything major is completely up to me to decide on (not counting a woman's many ways of influencing a man).

At times I wish she would take charge of the financials around here, but she has no desire in that area. Usually she gets the mail, but I do not remember once in the past 20 years she has ever even opened a credit card statement.

Having said that, after 30 years of marriage we have a pretty good understanding of what we can afford. Large purchases items are usually discussed (except when I surprise her with a new car for her or jewelry) but she tends to give me the last word. I have also discovered over the years that her spending usually imitates my own. If a new $600 seat appears on my bike and one does not appear on hers, then I should expect a similar $600 charge to appear at the bank in short order for whatever she has her eye on that week.

I tell people we have a division of labor in our house, she writes checks and I cover them.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
BC Glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tell people we have a division of labor in our house, she writes checks and I cover them.
Sounds like my deal I fill the account and she empties it.