Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV with Auto Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 AM
tmcgeesr
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PCV with Auto Tune

Has anyone put this on an 09 FLH series yet? I have a PCV on my 09 RK with the appropriate fuel map. I'm being told its an easy install. Install the new oxygen sensors, route the wiring harness, and plug it into the PCV. Then ride the bike under different riding conditions and it builds its own fuel map. Just wondering if its worth the extra $350.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 AM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the PCV from Fuel Moto. The maps are so good that some people do not need the auto tune. If you like to get the most out of your bike, without a doubt it will help. If I had it all over to do again it would be PCV, A/F, and Jackpots. I would spend my money on another accessory. Do a search you will find a lot of different opions on the auto tune.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

got the pcv and am happy but plan to go the AT route down the road...

Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

Same as above. Just got the PCV this year, replacing the PCIII that I had....bought the PCV (from Fuelmoto of course) because I wanted the ability to add the Autotune module later this year (after more mods). Yes, the preloaded map from Jamie is very good but since each bike is different to a degree I like the option of adding a module which will fine tune the mapping to MY specific bike. IMO, the Autotune module has the potential to pay for itself by not dropping $ on dyno tuning after major upgrades.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:17 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rjmac53
got the pcv and am happy but plan to go the AT route down the road...
I'm going to do this same thing. The Fuel Moto guy I talked to said I really don't need to add the AT right now because their map rocks! You'd never catch a stealer telling you that you don't need to add something.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:29 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought the PC-V from Fule moto along with their map, Jackpots and AC. It worked great. Then I went back and added the AT module. I have been checking the trim values and it is adjusting the map to my bike and where and how I ride. It seems to run better of course that may be me trying to justify the $$$.

If I were to do it again I would add the AT. That way if anything on the bike changes it will adjust. I enjoy checking the values and tinkering. Although I leave the base map stuff to Jamie. Plus I like the fact that it has wide range O2 sensors and does adjusting as you ride. Just makes sense.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
tmcgeesr
Cruiser

I got my PCV from H&D Cycle in Lilian, AL. Great people. They have a dyno and are listed as an official PC tune center. Like others they are not encouraging me to go to AT. They downloaded a fuel map for me that matches my bike with Rush slip ons, an a Screaming Eagle air intake modification. They did not recommend dyno time. I'm very satisfied with the bike, its very strong. Just looking down the road and thinking it may be a meaningful mod especially if you plan other changes. The concept sounds great.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:01 AM
tmcgeesr
Cruiser

Got this information from an authorized PC tune center. The AT oxygen censors are large and expensive. They estimated the cost at $100 a piece. Apparently what some folks are doing is installing AT, letting it build a fuel map, then removing the oxygen censors and disconnect the harness from the PCV. Install plugs in the header and ride. Any changes to the bike, reinstall the censors, build a new map and repeat the procedure above. I haven't talked to anybody that has done that.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also purchased PCV AC KN filter and Rhinehart slipons from Fuel Moto and they also told me if I wasnt planning any major changes I wouldnt need the auto tune..My bike runs great with the setup they provided.I will run the bike for the next couple of months and will decide if I want the auto tune..

Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i dont care how close your basemap is, the autotune WILL optimize it and make it perfect (at least to the AFR'S you specify) I have been super happy with mine. I will occasionally look at the trims after riding and they are always a little bit bifferent (+-5%) from day to day probably depending on air temp and humidity, but yea. its nice to know its optimized 100% of the time. also its only $300 from fuelmoto.

the o2 sensors are not what i would call large. my bike didnt originally have them at all, but i cant see the dynojet ones being any bigger then the stock ones.

Attached Thumbnails PCV with Auto Tune-photo-18.jpg  

Last edited by OG1; 04-12-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: PCV with Auto Tune