Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Krome T-Rex pipes are installed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hard Krome T-Rex pipes are installed.

I received my pipes today. Left side has some abrasions on it from shipping. Vendor is sending me a replacement set tomorrow. I went ahead and installed them so I'll just swap out the one pipe next week when it arrives.

Pipes sound incredible! Very low rumble. About the same as my V&H Big Radius pipes on my Night Train. I did have to move my passenger floorboards to the lower settings for needed clearance and also needed to remove the frame reflectors. No big deal though as it looks better.

I like how the heat shields are all one piece. No lines from on piece lining up with the next like the other pipes. Big thumbs up on the pipes. Pics arriving tomorrow as it is dark outside.

Special thanks to Bob for sending me a map for my PC III. It gives me a good starting point.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:50 PM
HogBack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hard Krome T-Rex pipes are installed.

Thanks for the V&H Big Radius and T-Rex update. With T-Rex you got my pipes of choice, you got a cool look to your bike, you got my color, you got the no-badge look, and that is a great look. Hey, also that little cutie won our hearts... aint none in the biker babe contest that is as cute as your little one. Boy do I miss seeing my three year granddaughter...

Old 05-02-2006, 11:56 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

T-Rex look awesome and so does your cutie! I'm off for a 3500 mile solo in a few days and will get to see my grandkids on the way! T-rex bring back that old Harley sound. Sweet and loud!

Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
mrghos
Road Master

Marine, what is the height on your windshield? Did you get it from Fastaire? I am about to order a 6 inch black for my EG Standard...

Thanks and the pipes are HOT!!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the replies. She loves to help Daddy out in the garage. Funny tonight she told me my bike was too loud. I told her that Harley's were meant to sound that way and she said it was okay then. She is only two years old.

I ordered the shield from Fastaire. It is the 8" and I am just lookng over it while being 6' tall. The wind just touched the top of my helmet. I'm satisfied.
ORIGINAL: mrghos

Marine, what is the height on your windshield? Did you get it from Fastaire? I am about to order a 6 inch black for my EG Standard...

Thanks and the pipes are HOT!!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:36 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

I received my pipes today. Left side has some abrasions on it from shipping. Vendor is sending me a replacement set tomorrow. I went ahead and installed them so I'll just swap out the one pipe next week when it arrives.

Pipes sound incredible! Very low rumble. About the same as my V&H Big Radius pipes on my Night Train. I did have to move my passenger floorboards to the lower settings for needed clearance and also needed to remove the frame reflectors. No big deal though as it looks better.

I like how the heat shields are all one piece. No lines from on piece lining up with the next like the other pipes. Big thumbs up on the pipes. Pics arriving tomorrow as it is dark outside.

Special thanks to Bob for sending me a map for my PC III. It gives me a good starting point.
Glad that I could help. She is a cute little biker babe!!! I think that she should go over in the Biker Babe Post too!!

Bob

Old 08-02-2006, 09:37 PM
lscb01
Stage III

Do you have a map for the T-Rex pipes on a 2003 Road King?
I would really appreciate it.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:40 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lscb01

Do you have a map for the T-Rex pipes on a 2003 Road King?
I would really appreciate it.
AB's is the ame as mine, a 2006 Street Glide. I am pretty ure it will not work on your 2003 as it has a different fuel injection.

Bob

Old 08-03-2006, 08:33 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

LOOK GREAT!! Your right the sound of these pipes are awesome. I had rienharts last time and BOunty Hunters posts brain washed me, so I went for the T-REXs and am glad I did. Like them much better!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 AM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

I have never seen T-Rex's in my area, I sure would like to hear a sound clip before i would take a plunge, does anyone know of a site that would have a sound bite?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Hard Krome T-Rex pipes are installed.