Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cee Baileys' Euro On RG

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:24 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good looking shield. I know about the pain part. Pushed one of the well nuts too hard and it fell INSIDE the fairing. PITA!

I would like to hear how it works out.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to hijack the thread, but heres my review. I have a 15" euro. Performs basically like the 15" stock shield but with better looks. I dont notice a wind pocket or anything different than the stock shield. The wife is still catching wind, due to the higher seating of the passenger pillon. She uses ear plugs to dampen the affect. Wind on your face is more felt, and can especially be known at colder temps. There was no loss in hearing the audio at highway speeds. Im 5'7" and riding with fact seat, and lowers. No buffering affect but I feel the lowers are the best thing to combat that, not the shield. Overall I say its a great shield combining form and function.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I will be watching this thread to see what is the deal with this screen. I like the KW but always nice to see what else is out there.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 PM
RG-LEE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saw*me
Got my new shield in a little over a week from when I ordered it. I was impressed not only with the speed of shipping but also the quality. I put it on tonight and the HD trim even fit better, it still was a pain ( another story). I'm going to ride some tomorrow then I'll know how it works out. It was to keep my wife from getting pounded by the wind not because I didn't like the KW 8". The KW is more for a solo rider who likes the wind.

Big thanks to everyone but especially PhilM who PM'ed me several times to answer my questions.

Tom

Those are nice mirrors on your bike. Are they HD? I'm looking to replace my stock RG mirrors, they're useless.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:42 PM
molsen
Road Master

That is a nice shield. I like mine(15" euro dark) looks great with the Yellow Pearl. I notice the sunglasses moving around at 70-75mph, will need to adjust a tad.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:51 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's the 14" Euro

Old 04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you get the new 16" euro in dark gray? I have the 15" Euro and it works really well but if I can get the 16" in the dark gray I may have to think on it!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM
saw*me
Tourer

Ok we're back :

RGLEE the mirror are Kuryakyn and I like them very much.

The wife and I rode about a hundred miles today in gusty winds (20+). I averaged between 35-65mph. The opinions are based on these factors.

my opinion: Much less wind and noise. It is lower by maybe an inch of my 04 stock shield so the 15" they state, is measured some what different. Looking over it was not bad. It kept me focused where I should be looking. Looking through it was ok the tint is dark and the curve of the shield does distort some, again not bad. Even in today's wind I did not notice any buffeting of my helmet. I'm 6' and I have a sundowner seat that puts the top of the shield at my chin. I like the straighter top on the Euro. I was very impressed with it and I look forward to some more riding time behind it. I can't compare it to the KW 12" but it is more comfortable and just as cool looking as my KW 8".

Wife's opinion: The wind she now gets is very stable no buffeting like before .She can here the cd's fine at half volume at 60mph. Her goggles are not bouncing around. She likes it the best of all the shields that I've had so far.
Still too early to tell every detail but today was an extreme test and the Cee Bailey passed with flying colors. I really like my 8" KW but the Euro is going to stay.

Thanks to all who helped and hope this will help some of you.

Tom
Klock Werks 8" Dark

Cee Baileys' 15" Dark

Last edited by saw*me; 04-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:17 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

saw*me, looking at some of the replies I see some KW 12 inch. Your 15 looks to be taller than their 12's. What is your thoughts on this and about how much lower do think your CB is compared to the stock shield? I need about 3 inches below the stock shield. That CB looks Killer!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

just saw your last post. It posted while I was pecking. thanks saw*me. I might have to go with the 14

Quick Reply: Cee Baileys' Euro On RG