Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim FLHX for 2010 YES!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
YT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
Black denim and chrome don't seem to go together JMHO...... blacked out with black denim matches, maybe to replace the standard
I agree... Black Denim murdered out with either flat or gloss black would look great... Anyone with a black bike knows how tough it is to keep clean - I can't imagine how tough Black Denim would be!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:09 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by YT
I agree... Black Denim murdered out with either flat or gloss black would look great... Anyone with a black bike knows how tough it is to keep clean - I can't imagine how tough Black Denim would be!
Only if SG comes out like the Iron 883...All decked out Flat Black as I probably would buy and ride solo the hell out of it. Never bath the bike's entire lifetime and give the proper maintenance it needs over the years I own.

And save my beautiful Ultra for my long distance or local 2-up rides with my Linda.

Bring it out Black Denim SG,

Thorey

Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
molsen
Road Master

A special ed of a blacked out SG, that would be a great setup.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Ca.Fatlad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Casper
Hope they bring back white pearl...I like it.
I also heard the RG dropped for a year, then out 2011 in different version, RG Ultra? Watercooled? Who knows.
Bought a used 08/flhx last Dec/08, wasn't sure about the color,has really grown on me..like it a lot now..........

Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by YT
Black Denim is super real easy to keep clean (looking). Easier than any "shiny" color anyway.

lp

Old 04-10-2009, 07:24 PM
phattey
Cruiser

Yup...very easy to clean...

All my buddies with the denim colors use windex....that's it...

Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
02roadhog
Stage I
Default 2010 color charts and new bikes

I know several people who work for a dealership and the color chart has been sent to them a couple of months in advance of the dealer meeting. I have seen the color charts much earlier than the meeting for several years now. some of the colors indicate the models that they are available on, one or two colors simply said, "new model for 2010." There will be a new wide glide and a new Road Glide of some sort, and a new FLXXX?. Can't wait to see what that is.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

New models but lower production numbers...going to be interesting to see how that pans out.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
I was talking to my dealer today about the 2010 models. He showed me the 2010 color chart he just got from HD. We were talking about blacking out different bikes and I mentioned that a lot of guys wished that the FLHX (Streetglide) came in Black Denim so they could black it out. He showed me that Black Denim is one of the new colors for the SG for 2010. Looks like there will be two custom two tones for the SG too. Can't remember them exactly. Looks like Pewter is being dropped both the denim and pearl versions. In place there's a sort of silver color.

He confirmed that the FLHR (Roadglide) was being shelved along with about 3 other models, but that HD will be announcing 5 or 6 new models. He said this is a first for HD to come out with so many new models in the same year. Couldn't tell me much more.
The Black Denim looks good but with the cast engine it misses the mark.

They need a Night Glide is what they should make...maybe the 2010 will be different than the FLHT.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

Originally Posted by YT
Black Denim is a snap to clean.

Quick Reply: Black Denim FLHX for 2010 YES!