Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Dreaded Seat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Curlee
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my Mustang seat. The group that I ride with turned me on to them.
I have a bad back and can do 300+ miles with out any pain. It's the only
way to go IMO. It moved me forward and lower on the SG.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2WheelThrill
Yes, I have seen many people talk about this company, but then I would be without a seat for awhile...oh no!!!!
not as long as you think. I talked to them today. basically they give you an appointment. get the seat there the day before (so 2-3 days shipping, 1 day before and they start on the seat the day of the appt and ship it out that day (2-3 days shipping).

so you're looking a little over a week. I would say 2 weeks max. I'll be sending mine when we get back from our vacation

Old 04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
VegasBruce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pidnaul
I believe I was looking at your same seat on their website. I likes the looks of it very much. The only thing I was worried about was the comfort of the rider pad for my wife. I looked at the other seats on their page, but the passenger pads looked to bulky and big. What does your wife think of the comfort level?

Mine is the squareback rather than the sporttour. As far as the wife riding she has her own bike, but would have preferred that I got the larger pad for her. she liked the SE seat better with the larger back pad.

This is the one I have. http://www.ccseats.com/3electrasquar...rtemplates.htm

This is what she would have wanted http://www.ccseats.com/4electrasport...rtemplates.htm

Last edited by VegasBruce; 04-08-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
pidnaul
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by keltonkrew
not as long as you think. I talked to them today. basically they give you an appointment. get the seat there the day before (so 2-3 days shipping, 1 day before and they start on the seat the day of the appt and ship it out that day (2-3 days shipping).

so you're looking a little over a week. I would say 2 weeks max. I'll be sending mine when we get back from our vacation
If you are doing the RKC seat, what are you having done to it? If you are modding it to make you sit lower can you post some good pics of what it looks like when done? I am worried that the seat wont represent it's former self really well after all the shaping.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

I haven't had mine done yet. go to www.meancitycycles.com and you can look to see what they do. I don't need mine lowered, just more comfort. Call and talk to them and they can explain much better than I.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Just got my '09 FLHRC seat back from Al at MeanCity...looks great... lowered about an inch+ and back a little...biggest difference is how much they were able to narrow the thigh area down.... I am 5'9", went from ***** of my feet touching to flat footed.....have not ridden in it yet as the bike is still all torn apart....soon though , the weather is getting better!

The way they schedule your seat you are only without it for a week. They give you the day it will be done and it's shipped back that afternoon.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
pidnaul
Tourer

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
Just got my '09 FLHRC seat back from Al at MeanCity...looks great... lowered about an inch+ and back a little...biggest difference is how much they were able to narrow the thigh area down.... I am 5'9", went from ***** of my feet touching to flat footed.....have not ridden in it yet as the bike is still all torn apart....soon though , the weather is getting better!

The way they schedule your seat you are only without it for a week. They give you the day it will be done and it's shipped back that afternoon.
Pics.... Please, Please,Please.....!!!
This sounds perfect!!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Here's some of their pics from their site...I imagine this is what mine will be similar to (except I'm having the black pearls added to match my passenger back rest)

Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by pidnaul
Will post if they respond.
If? heck man, I replied to that email at 5:07AM

Old 04-09-2009, 01:43 PM
pidnaul
Tourer

Originally Posted by BadX
If? heck man, I replied to that email at 5:07AM
Thanks for the fast response!!
Originally Posted by hoofnhog
Just got my '09 FLHRC seat back from Al at MeanCity...looks great... lowered about an inch+ and back a little...biggest difference is how much they were able to narrow the thigh area down.... I am 5'9", went from ***** of my feet touching to flat footed.....
Can you recall working on this bike? It is exactly what I am looking for. Do you have pics of this one? I could not find any RKC basket weave style on the site.

Quick Reply: Another Dreaded Seat Thread