Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modulator Quaility and differences

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 PM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modulator Quaility and differences

Looking to buy a Headlight modulator soon. I have narrowed it down to three brands

Kriss Kisan and Comagination

I like the price of the Comagination VisiPath. How is their reliability ? Looks like the blades fit in the housing rather than a molded together plug.

The Kisan brand looks to be nice quality and seems to have good reviews. I Do Not want to drill any holes for the install. Is it really necessary to drill a hole for the Kisan light sensor or is it small enough to fit through a hole in the back of a 2005 road king light housing. I have not taken it apart yet to look at what size hole is there.

Kriss Brand Any feedback ?

Thanks for the help.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
DMcBiker
Cruiser

I just ordered mine from Comagination, they have the best deal. I ordered the headlight / taillight combo $85.00 I did a lot of research and no one had anything bad to say about any of the brands you selected. Doesn’t matter which one you get, just GET ONE. It's about the best safety add on unit I’ve seen. People who have them swear by them, not too many add on components get that kind of overwhelmingly positive review!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
lviguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Kriss unit. Plug and Play install on my 08 RKC. No drilling. Trouble free for 18 months and 9k miles.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
TMART
Road Master

I have had the comagination headlamp and tail lamp modulator for about 8 months now.No problems at all and very easy to install.Great product

Old 04-08-2009, 11:54 AM
whoop72
Tourer

have the kisan. no issues whatsoever. i do know that guys have mounted the sensor without drilling into the fairing. i drilled my fairing and it looks just fine.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
UALCapt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the Kisan a few weeks ago. Works great, but expensive. They gave me 10% off as a forum member until I reminded them of their combo price for purchasing the headlight and tail-light units together. Then the 10% no longer applied. Combine that with the very expensive (and not quoted) shipping charges, and I ended up paying a hundred and a half. You can do better than the Kisan prices for a very similar product.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:35 PM
NoTyme
Cruiser

I bought mine form Kriss. Plug and play and for the sensor I ran it down about half way on the brake like and zip tied it.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
wolfshead1
Tourer

I got Comajination,good product,good price,Zero customer service and lousy attitude,least when I called them.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:41 PM
longjh53
Advanced

I' ve had both KISAN and Comagination VisiPath, currently running the Comagination both work as advertise- Comes down to the $$$.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I bought the Kizan 2 years ago. Zip tied the sensor it to the banjo bolt and ran the wires inside the batwing. 20,000 miles and it still works fine.

Quick Reply: Modulator Quaility and differences