Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for leo egc & ultras

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ? for leo egc & ultras

I just put a leo solo seat on my EGC and moved the TP up for the back rest. My ? is, as for as I've seen, all the leo seats have the basket weave pattern. Does the tour pak back rest have the same pattern or do they even have a back rest on the EGC's and Ultras?

Thanks for your replys.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:07 AM
glide2005
Supporter

So much for asking a legitimate question . I know there are a lot on cop bikes out there, someone should know this.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 AM
UALCapt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Mustang rear seat with the matching basket weave, but don't know of a matching backrest.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 AM
copracer288
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Police bikes do not have basketweave seats. They are all smooth.

The '08 and '09 bikes have the back rest on the TP (also smooth). The older bikes do not have back rests though the next newest bike we have is an '02.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:26 AM
michael427
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine had the basket weave air solo and mustang makes a rear pillion for it. they might make a matching backrest pad too. I"d check them first.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2005
So much for asking a legitimate question . I know there are a lot on cop bikes out there, someone should know this.
Your original question didn't make much sense to me. You refer to cop bikes as Classics and Ultras, but the "cop bikes" that come with a single seat aren't Classics or Ultras; they're FLHP (Road King police model) or FLHTP (Electra Glide police model). HD does offer "peace officer" editions of the Ultra, but these are civilian models with "peace officer" model colors and tank decoration.

If your question is does HD offer a backrest for the King Tour Pak in the basket weave pattern of the police solo air seat, the answer is "no;" at least I've never seen or heard of one. The police models are not equipped for two-up riding (no passenger floorboards or pegs; tires are not load rated for two-up riding), and the radio boxes are mounted on the same rack and location as a permanently mounted tour pak on a Classic or Ultra--too far back for a backrest for the LEO/rider.

As the previous poster mentioned, Mustang offers a matching passenger pillion; but, you didn't ask about that.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:28 PM
glide2005
Supporter

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Your original question didn't make much sense to me. You refer to cop bikes as Classics and Ultras, but the "cop bikes" that come with a single seat aren't Classics or Ultras; they're FLHP (Road King police model) or FLHTP (Electra Glide police model). HD does offer "peace officer" editions of the Ultra, but these are civilian models with "peace officer" model colors and tank decoration.

If your question is does HD offer a backrest for the King Tour Pak in the basket weave pattern of the police solo air seat, the answer is "no;" at least I've never seen or heard of one. The police models are not equipped for two-up riding (no passenger floorboards or pegs; tires are not load rated for two-up riding), and the radio boxes are mounted on the same rack and location as a permanently mounted tour pak on a Classic or Ultra--too far back for a backrest for the LEO/rider.

As the previous poster mentioned, Mustang offers a matching passenger pillion; but, you didn't ask about that.
Thanks pingman and the others for your replys.Once I posted the ? , I read it back and it didn't make any sence to me either,but once its posted you can't change it.
Anyway you answered my ?. I have a leo solo on my EGC and move the TP up for the back rest. Now wondering which would be easier,recoveing the seat or the backrest.I'm sure it would be cheaper to recover than buy a backrest from Mustang.Allthough now would be a good time for some Ostrich panels.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

It would probably be more cost-effective to have the seat recovered.

You can change the entire text or any portion of it using the "edit" key at the bottom of your post. You can't change the title.