Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why all the noise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,100 Likes on 3,649 Posts

I am sure you can find a cheap set of stock pipes to put on the bike...I swapped mine for SE pipes for a bit more rumble..sounds great, especially beside my buddies GL1800...they even like the sound,

Old 04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by machpilot
may not be any"evidence" of it but if it works once for me i dont need to see it on paper to believe it may work.
Exaclty.....

Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

I think all the noise is to get rid of all the people that do what you do, argue behind a screen name spouting things that you know will provoke a hostile response and then call those who respond uneducated hillbillies. I am glad that you can enjoy a lesuirely ride and are getting an exhaust that suits your tastes just as others can do what makes them happy. I run a louder than stock exhaust for sound visibility as I know it makes a difference for my safety and for much needed throttle response.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we gotta mask all the rattles and the sound of things falling off.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:28 PM
kromdom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hcmiller92
The responses here make me realize what so many others believe, that many Harley riders really do deserve the soured reputation that precedes them. Interesting case study.
Now you're making judgments/generalizations based on preconceived notions and stereotypes.

What exactly were your intentions/expectations here? You're not doing a case study using us as your guinea pigs... are you?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
I think all the noise is to get rid of all the people that do what you do, argue behind a screen name spouting things that you know will provoke a hostile response and then call those who respond uneducated hillbillies. I am glad that you can enjoy a lesuirely ride and are getting an exhaust that suits your tastes just as others can do what makes them happy. I run a louder than stock exhaust for sound visibility as I know it makes a difference for my safety and for much needed throttle response.
Hey gtrracer, you ain't one of them there "educated, articulate riders" are ya?

LOL

Sammi

Old 04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the same reaction when i cruised through the neighborhoods with the cobra.....ya get one or two sour ****** who think its to loud..and the rest of the neighborhood wants rides....well im tired of conforming to the minority...the ones and twos who think they can make policy cause it pleases thier agenda....

Old 04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You mean like the idiots that buy a million dollar house right next to an airport and the next day they're forming an "action committee" to shut down the airport? What a bunch of whiny aholes.

Originally Posted by machpilot
I get the same reaction when i cruised through the neighborhoods with the cobra.....ya get one or two sour ****** who think its to loud..and the rest of the neighborhood wants rides....well im tired of conforming to the minority...the ones and twos who think they can make policy cause it pleases thier agenda....

Old 04-07-2009, 02:37 PM
karjalahti
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha YOU JUST DONT GET IT! am I right other Harley riders he just doesn't get it, i guess some never will. and if you want fast your right that ain't a touring harley. you just don't get it. wanna go fast get a ricer, (and look like a flamer) you want to ride in style and wake the dead ride a harley. thanks for supporting the american workers by buying a harley but do yourself a favor stick to what you get BMW's haha. BMW's! good gawd!

*edit* i suppose you don't like fireworks either, they go boom should we make them less spectacular for you? it is a celebration of being an american ride hard RIDE LOUD.

Last edited by karjalahti; 04-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

No i arnt vry edjukatd or rticool8!

Quick Reply: Why all the noise?