Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPAP machine Harley Battery or Cigarette Lighter

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010 | 06:11 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I am on my 2nd one...Started with a Invacare and now on a Resmed Escape...I quit using the Humidifier 2 years ago. I don't camp but i take it with me everywhere i go...Resmed is really small...I also sell them at work...One of the biggest insurance shams going on now....My cost on one is about $250.00 and local home health place sell them for close to $1500.00...I had a sleep study done and bought my own instead of going through the insurance...I couldn't live without mine as i was falling asleep at the wheel while travelling for work. I don't camp so i don't plan like that...I would say not to plug it to an inverter it will suck plenty of power from a battery. There are plenty of Lithium battery packs for CPAP...just google and you will find them...you can recharge them while you are riding.

Old 02-25-2010 | 08:28 AM
broziff
Tourer

+1 on the everest 2 small and compact travel cpap with 8hr battery pack that can be recharged while riding you can find battery packs for other machines but this one is the smallest.

http://www.aeiomed.com/products/everest/

you can find them cheaper on the internet if purchasing privately.

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I am on my 2nd one...Started with a Invacare and now on a Resmed Escape...I quit using the Humidifier 2 years ago. I don't camp but i take it with me everywhere i go...Resmed is really small...I also sell them at work...One of the biggest insurance shams going on now....My cost on one is about $250.00 and local home health place sell them for close to $1500.00...I had a sleep study done and bought my own instead of going through the insurance...I couldn't live without mine as i was falling asleep at the wheel while travelling for work. I don't camp so i don't plan like that...I would say not to plug it to an inverter it will suck plenty of power from a battery. There are plenty of Lithium battery packs for CPAP...just google and you will find them...you can recharge them while you are riding.

Old 02-25-2010 | 09:27 AM
mariner227
Road Master

I've been a cpap user for 10+ years. I carry a Puritan Bennett GoodKnight 420G when I travel. It's a small 12 volt unit. Pick up a simular unit and do a test at home to see if your battery will last. I've had mine apart after it quit working and there is not much to them. Stay away from a power inverter.

Old 02-25-2010 | 12:04 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Default 420g

Originally Posted by mariner227
I've been a cpap user for 10+ years. I carry a Puritan Bennett GoodKnight 420G when I travel. It's a small 12 volt unit. Pick up a simular unit and do a test at home to see if your battery will last. I've had mine apart after it quit working and there is not much to them. Stay away from a power inverter.
Dogone Mariner, that is a nice unit... similar to the Resmed ...MIne is 4.6"d x 6"w x 4"h which i thought was small.. I guess they are both pretty compact. I have access to Any brand at work i just get a better deal from Resmed. I will probably get a 12v unit the next time just to have...I have 3 now, because my wife uses one also and we keep a spare and also use it for travel.

Old 02-25-2010 | 12:07 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by boneziff
+1 on the everest 2 small and compact travel cpap with 8hr battery pack that can be recharged while riding you can find battery packs for other machines but this one is the smallest.

http://www.aeiomed.com/products/everest/

you can find them cheaper on the internet if purchasing privately.
The prices have dropped considerably in the last 2 years as the rules have changed. with the insurance companies.

Old 02-25-2010 | 12:51 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member

I have the sleep apnea that you can not operate for (central apnea). Nonetheless when on the road I do not want to bring that thing along, even though I love it at home. A pint of vodka and about 3 Advil PM's do the trick for me. ;-)

Old 02-25-2010 | 02:09 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member

i have a 12v cpap machine.. i had to use it when i was on the road driving a semi(satilite tattle tale).. on a long cold nite the semi would turn over slow.. i dont thing it would last long on a harley battery, if your only camping a few nites just dont use it.. you might be alittle more tired the next morn but you will be fine.. most campgrounds have 110 hook ups some where close by.. bring along a 100' extension cord..i used to do that in my truck so i could use the humidifier and not worry about the battery..

Last edited by j1mmy; 02-25-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2010 | 03:36 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

It's not being tired that worries me it's somebody killing me because of the snoring...LOL...I don't camp, like soembody else said...roughing it for me is a low end motel...camping is a cabin with power but a central bathouse...

Old 02-25-2010 | 04:28 PM
skydrifter
Road Captain

I have sleep apena and I use Cpap machine at home I call it my mistress I say good night to my wife and I roll over and start sucking face with a machine.I take it with me when I travel overnight .
I don't take it on rides it takes up to much space.Also if power is available I don't call that camping.I use a mouth piece it seems to work fine and doesn't take up space.

Last edited by skydrifter; 02-25-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2010 | 08:40 PM
bull
Advanced

My CPAP I had to use an invertor (min 250W) and it drained both house batteries while camping at NASCAR race. Had to use generator. After many years of using CPAP I discovered Oral Dental Appliance that reduces times stop breathing an hour to an acceptable level and I do not use machine any longer. I feel great. IM me for info. Taking CPAP on the road when traveling is a huge task since you need distilled water (I boiled bottled water) need to clean all tubing/mask etc every morning. BUT brothers and sisters you need to investigate this if you snore or you spouse/life partner notices you stop breating while sleeping. Your quality of life depends on it! Get tested it is well worth it.

Quick Reply: CPAP machine Harley Battery or Cigarette Lighter