Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPAP machine Harley Battery or Cigarette Lighter

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009 | 08:06 PM
agent58
Cruiser

I've been using a cpap machine for about 10 years.I don't think a HD battery would be able to power a machine for very long.Best stay at a motel.Use your machine. My case was quite bad. Being diagnosed and using my cpap machine has probably saved my life. Hopes this helps.

Old 04-07-2009 | 08:14 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RoadRunR
I have used one for 6 years--tell me about the opperation.
The operation has some long wierd name that begins with an "U" Anyhow, it is a little more involved if they find that you have a deviated septum (which I did not) because then they have to do something in your nose as well which requires packing it after the operation. For me, they removed my tonsils, adnoids, and that thing that hangs in the back of your throat. They stitch it all up with self dissolving stitches and your on your way. Takes about 2 weeks to get back to work, 3-4 if you had the deviated septum work done.

Edit: it's called Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty

Old 04-07-2009 | 08:18 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Google:
Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP or U3P) surgery removes the tonsils, uvula (the fleshy tissue that hangs in the back of the mouth), and a portion of the soft palate at the roof of the mouth. Remaining tissues are pulled up and outward to enlarge the throat. If the location of the throat blockage does not involve other areas, approximately 50% of patients are helped by UPPP by itself. The operation is more successful for snoring. Most patients treated surgically for OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) will require UPPP and other procedures.

Old 04-07-2009 | 08:18 PM
RoadRunR
Road Master

Thanks dawg I`ll ckeck it out with the Doc.

Old 04-07-2009 | 11:15 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Been using a CPCP for 5 or 6 years. Have a severe case of OSA. My CPAP has an option for a rechargeable battery pack, they asked me if I wanted it when I picked this new machine up and I said na, because my idea of camping is when room service is late!
it is noce to sleep good though. My estimated sleep debt (time without a full night sleep) was estimated at 15 years when I took the initial sleep test! Now I only sleep when I want to

Old 02-24-2010 | 08:09 AM
anschoo
Stage I

congratulate

Old 02-24-2010 | 08:38 AM
mekos
Novice

CPAP user for a few years now, cant sleep without it. Apnea is a very unhealthy disease ( think sleep depravation torture ), I was kinda like a Zombie before beginning therapy.

Old 02-24-2010 | 09:26 AM
menmia
Cruiser

Another CPAP user here too, 6 or so years. I have even had to have mine adjusted a couple of times after I started snoring in my mask, so sleeping without it is not an option. I love the fact that I am getting sleep but don't like that I am leashed while sleeping. Like many, my wife is the one that decided I HAD to go for the sleep study, I was interrupting her sleep when I would stop breathing.

I think there needs to be a Motorcycle Club for CPAP users, there can be a Gang for those that need CPAPs but don't use them.

Old 02-24-2010 | 09:46 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

User now for 7 years, camping with electric or it's a hotel for me. If I don't us it after a good night of adult beverages I start falling asleep the next day riding after about an hour.

Old 02-24-2010 | 09:52 AM
harleyman1340
Cruiser

Getting ready to go to Daytona, wow have things have changed. Going solo this year, but in years past we could pack a weeks worth of cloths, wife make up etc in the tour pack and a little bag on the tour pak rack. This year taking my CPAP and my laptop and eveything else I find necessary I don't know if I'll have enough room to pack enough cloths for myself for three days.

Quick Reply: CPAP machine Harley Battery or Cigarette Lighter