Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'll keep my Bat Wing, thank you!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: I'll keep my Bat Wing, thank you!!

ORIGINAL: redscout

That's a great ride up through Jerome. I rented a EGC in Phoenix and went up to the Grand Canyon through Sedona and back through Jerome. Incredible trip.

We have done the ride a few times, and it is on our list for Labor Day weekend this year.

I like my batwing also, and usually just wear a ball cap, and I havwe the 6 1/2" smoked wind screen.

Regards,

Bill

Old 05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
DanTMan
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I came this close to getting a Road Glide when I bought my current bike, an 06 Electra Glide Classic. They had one in a beautiful gray metallic that I really liked. The only thing I didn't like was the seating position, too much like a Road King for me (sitting "on" instead of "down in" the seat)

Great bike, however, and I used to have a Gold Wing so I've done the fixed fairing thing. Great for crosswinds, better (in my opinion) than the bat wing on an EG.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:07 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

ORIGINAL: DanTMan

I came this close to getting a Road Glide when I bought my current bike, an 06 Electra Glide Classic. They had one in a beautiful gray metallic that I really liked. The only thing I didn't like was the seating position, too much like a Road King for me (sitting "on" instead of "down in" the seat)

Great bike, however, and I used to have a Gold Wing so I've done the fixed fairing thing. Great for crosswinds, better (in my opinion) than the bat wing on an EG.

Not sure what part of the Co you are in - I have a Corbin on my EG and It feels great - I really do sit IN and not On - I would only get a Corbin in I could do their "ride in appoitment - ONLY" That way you get the seat built to Your Butt that day... ride in on your old seat, ride out on a Custom Corbin....

Old 05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
PipeDADDY
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF???

ok ok...jokes on me....hahahahaha. funny thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
HogBack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good bit of information on this post, thanks. I have not riden a RG to comapre. I rode three different bikes 60 miles to work year round. I had three baggers with fairings, 86 FHLTC, 85 Goldwing, 00 Yamaha Venture. I alternated each day so this is not by memory. The frame-mounted Goldwing was the driest and warmest in 12 degree weather, but THE worst in high winds, maybe becasue it has so much fairing to catch winds. The fork-mounted Yamaha with lowers handled the wind best (computer design fairing?). To be honest, the batwing with lowers in heavy winds in open country was a whiteknuckle experience. For those that think this is winnie armed complaint, I am talking riding at a 45 degree angle with dust so heavy you are afraid you are going to get rear ended... My choice of bikes of recent is a RK with a windshield...sorry if I offend, but been there done that in the wind... Yes, I will look at a RG before my next bike....