Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust V&H Dresser Duals with Turn-down

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New exhaust V&H Dresser Duals with Turn-down

Finished the last item on my winter agenda last week. V&H True Duals with Classic Turn-down slip ons. I'm in love with the look, but not sure about the sound. These babies are LOUD. When I was installing the slip ons, I noticed that the pipe goes straight through from one end to the other. The "baffle" is just a chamber surrounding that clear and open path. Pretty much like straight pipes.

Seat of the pants throttle response is great, but the bike is still relatively new and I haven't ridden it since the late fall, so it's hard to judge. Definitely louder, though. I have to see if I can get some baffles for it.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely like the turn-down look. Mine turn-downs are Supertrapps but its all good.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:42 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
I definitely like the turn-down look. Mine turn-downs are Supertrapps but its all good.
Do you have any pics of the SuperTrapps? As I recall those are more of a complete turndown than the "eagle-beak" design used by V&H and Rinehart. Those are fairly quiet, right?

Old 04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't taken any pics yet but yes they are complete turn-downs and only 3db over stock. I almost bought the Kerkers that are 8db over but I thought they might be too loud, I was probably wrong. Sometimes I think the Supertrapps are too quiet and other times I'm glad they are.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KopperTop
Finished the last item on my winter agenda last week. V&H True Duals with Classic Turn-down slip ons. I'm in love with the look, but not sure about the sound. These babies are LOUD. When I was installing the slip ons, I noticed that the pipe goes straight through from one end to the other. The "baffle" is just a chamber surrounding that clear and open path. Pretty much like straight pipes.

Seat of the pants throttle response is great, but the bike is still relatively new and I haven't ridden it since the late fall, so it's hard to judge. Definitely louder, though. I have to see if I can get some baffles for it.

HI KOP
great looking pipes for a great looking bike.i see you use the v&h clamps for the mufflers,if you search you'll see some people were having issues with them leaking and they used the h-d clamps instead. are they 2" straight through baffles..which fuel pak map you go with. and it looks like a joisey plate,so what part of the arm pit you from. i'm in middlesex co

Old 04-09-2009, 05:55 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Hey there. I'm in Camden Co. I thought about using the HD Torca clamps, but went with the V&H clamps instead. This slip ons are totally open front to back. I can't image there's enough resistance to force exhaust out the slip on at the joint.

I sent an email to V&H about the possibility of putting some baffles in there or, failing that, asked about giving me a map for the same setup with the SuperTrapp SE slip ons. No response since Monday, so we'll see. My current map is:

Fuelpak Search Results

Bike Model TOURING
Exhaust TURNDOWN W/DUALS
Model Exhaust V&H
P/N 16723/16737
Bike Year 2008
Cubic ci/cc 96
ECM Calibration STOCK
Baffle Type STANDARD
Air Filter HIGH FLOW
Value Reference FP-1728