Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat again

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 12:19 AM
1HD1BLK
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat again

Hi, new to the forum, first post. I have been lurking for about six months now and finally decided to join.
Purchased my first Harley the first weekend in March. A new black pearl street glide and love it. It's only
my second bike, and the first one in about fifteen years. Did allot of reading here before I made the plunge.
Lot's of good info and knowlege from you folks, thanks.

I know this has been discused lot's of times, the factory seat being so uncomfortable but I have a question.
I have put 2300 miles on this thing since picking it up and have come to the conclusion that I need to do
something about the seat. I like the look of the original seat and am going to have some gel pads installed
in the factory seat. I was wondering if any of you have done this, if so were the pads just installed over the
existing foam, or was the foam cut out to accept the pads and make a flush fit. I have ordered the gel and
am having a friend of mine that does upolstery do the install for me. Just wondering what is the best way to
do it. I hope it works, don't really wan't to spend the money now for a new seat. Need to save as much as
possible for my trip to Stugis, riding the whole way. Can hardly wait.

Thanks for the help