Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Itunes help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 AM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Itunes help

Help, when I buy songs from itunes, then I try to burn them to cd in MP3 format does not let me. Can anyone help me out
Thanks

Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The old way around that was to burn your songs as a CD, then import the songs as MP3s from that CD into iTunes so it strips the DRM protection. Then you're free to burn them on an MP3 disk. I used this strategy to convert iTunes-purchased music to MP3s for my car, which accepts SD cards. Eventually, I did away with the whole MP3 thing when I put and iPod adapter in my car. On my bike, I don't use CDs or MP3 disks, just my iPod/phone.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 AM
zzmellio
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Itunes are mp4 format

Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 AM
molsen
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Koppertop. I would do the same. You can then use what ever mp3 software once you import them.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Old 04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Chasenfish
Road Captain

You might try using a different program to burn the CD. Try exiting iTunes, then put a blank CD (not a DVD, as some CD players won't recognize them) in your burner. When the window opens asking you what you want to do, choose one of the other programs for creating a CD. With MP3s, I use either windows explorer, media player, or Sonic.
That won't solve the problem of not being able to do it from iTunes, but might get you to the end result. I'm no expert on iTunes, but with the information provided, I have no idea what might be wrong.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 AM
09SG
Advanced

itunes protects there music in mp4 format. They seem to not want you to share something you have purchased. There are a few ways to do what you want though.

One way is a bit of work but not to bad, you can burn your itunes purchased music to a rewritable cd ( when promted burn in Audio cd)then rip it back to your itunes library. It will now be in mp3 format. You will have duplicate songs in your library though. No big deal to delete protected version or leave alone,your choice.

Then make playlist of mp3 songs and burn to a new cd in mp3 format. You can get quit a few on one cd.

There are other ways as well, like downloads that will do what you want as well.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:41 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Why not just download the songs instead of buying from iTunes?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KopperTop
The old way around that was to burn your songs as a CD, then import the songs as MP3s from that CD into iTunes so it strips the DRM protection. Then you're free to burn them on an MP3 disk. I used this strategy to convert iTunes-purchased music to MP3s for my car, which accepts SD cards. Eventually, I did away with the whole MP3 thing when I put and iPod adapter in my car. On my bike, I don't use CDs or MP3 disks, just my iPod/phone.
This is the only way I've been able to convert Itunes downloads to MP3 discs. Like he says burn them to a music CD and them import them back to your music list. Then you can delete the purchased originals and convert them to MP3's on a new disc. It's more work and I don't download from Itunes any longer. If you import directly from a commercial CD you don't have to do any of that. The MP3 discs are far more convenient than a player and cable although I also use an Ipod on long trips with earbuds.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:13 AM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I guess Im just a little disappointed. I have I tunes and finally figured out how to burn cd in mp3 format so I was happy because I can get alot of music on one cd which is nice when cruising. So I decided to buy a few songs that I want instead of whole cds from the store and it wont let me use what I just paid for. I will try the tips you guys posted

Quick Reply: Itunes help