Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Price In Mich

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

With the way the economy is going these days, you never know what a dealer is likely to do. I purchased my bike from Motor City HD, after i checked with Detroit, Wolverine, ABC, etc and found them to be the best deal. If i were to do the same thing again, who knows who might have the best price. I think dealers are anxious to move inventory, but they aren't about to do it at a loss (its not THAT bad i guess).
I think the best course of action is to perform your due dilligence, and be realistic about your expectations of what deal they will offer. Doesn't do anyone any good going in expecting them to give you $5k off and a happy ending, you know its just not gonna happen that way.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
YT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a buddy to buy his 09 Pewter Pearl SG w/ ABS, Security, and Cruise. We were able to get it out the door for 19,900. He financed through Harley for 72 at 7%. Different state but I think if you find a dealership that is doing well in this economy they are more willing to bargain. Try finding a dealership that won the Gold Shield Award. Just a thought...

Old 04-03-2009, 05:28 PM
ttocsmm
6th Gear
Default Town and Country in Cement City Michigan

I would not buy a bike from anyone in Michigan but Town and Country in Cement City. They have great prices and service.

Scott

Old 04-03-2009, 05:38 PM
bigjimhp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree about Biker Bob, MotorCityHD has a large inventory and decent mech, DetroitHD just got a dyno recently, WolverineHD has good mech(stands behind their work), current pricing has been msrp, no sales tax, and 1000 -1500 in accessories, last year ToledoHD matched that and free scheduled maint for 2 years, ABC screwed my buds bike up had to call milw to get them to fix it.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:02 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at Motor City, Town and Country and Brighton HD. Bought mine at Brighton, but I skinned them for everything I could get - adjustable highway pegs, detach backrest, chrome pass boards, and first 1000 miles check-up plus $700 below list. last two days of the month (May) last year. Not sure I woulda got it June 1st. So timing is everything. Know what you want and show up the last week of the month.

Town and Country is a great dealer, and is my local dealer, I wish they had the bike I wanted the day I was ready to buy. Would have like to have worked them on the price and gotten the 20% house discount for buyers. Got only 10% from Brighton HD.

FYI Tecumseh and Town and Country are owned by the same guy so if you see anything at either place you can get a decent deal. The sales guys don't share this info freely for some reason. For reference a Synth3 oil change and check up is like $239 which I think is a bit better than most. Full Dyno service at T&C.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:28 AM
MCMLXIX
Advanced

Originally Posted by YT
I went with a buddy to buy his 09 Pewter Pearl SG w/ ABS, Security, and Cruise. We were able to get it out the door for 19,900. He financed through Harley for 72 at 7%. Different state but I think if you find a dealership that is doing well in this economy they are more willing to bargain. Try finding a dealership that won the Gold Shield Award. Just a thought...
What dealer was this?

Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 AM
StreetKing
Tourer

When I bought mine last summer I went to ABC,Motor City,Detroit, and Gilberts in Port Huron. Gilbert's had the best price.So on the way home for the heck it I stopped at Wolverine and they match the price.So being right the corner from Wolverine they won. So just shop and write everyones name and price down and a dealer close to you will match it.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 AM
MarkThomas
Cruiser

Originally Posted by YT
Motorcycle loan at 7%? Ouch. I only pay 4.5% at my credit union...and they consider my 2006 "new" so I get the best rate that way.

Good luck on finding your new SG!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by street_glider
I looked at Motor City, Town and Country and Brighton HD. Bought mine at Brighton, but I skinned them for everything I could get - adjustable highway pegs, detach backrest, chrome pass boards, and first 1000 miles check-up plus $700 below list. last two days of the month (May) last year. Not sure I woulda got it June 1st. So timing is everything. Know what you want and show up the last week of the month.

Town and Country is a great dealer, and is my local dealer, I wish they had the bike I wanted the day I was ready to buy. Would have like to have worked them on the price and gotten the 20% house discount for buyers. Got only 10% from Brighton HD.

FYI Tecumseh and Town and Country are owned by the same guy so if you see anything at either place you can get a decent deal. The sales guys don't share this info freely for some reason. For reference a Synth3 oil change and check up is like $239 which I think is a bit better than most. Full Dyno service at T&C.
I do my own maintenance now and have after the first 1k check.. I have a friend in Dexter that has money in conspiracy cycle works and he is the engine guy .. Got my dyno done for free .. You prolly also know that John (Town and country) owns the bar next door and im assuming the gas station by now too

Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 AM
poppa cooter
Tourer

Originally Posted by pacbluultra
OK, No idea where you are at here in MI.... but Techumseh / Cement City HD or Motor City HD in Farmington Hills. I have bought bikes from both and they are fair and nice people to deal with. MSRP + Tax + 20% off for two years on random HD crap NO freight, set up or anything else at all. This was from Motor City last year when I bough my Ultra w/ alarm OTD @ 21K. Keep in mind here in MI we suck a$$ for any type of economy so you may get a better deal than I even did. One word of caution NEVER NEVER even think about buying as much as a fart from the a$$ holes at Biker Bobs HD in Taylor. Do a "dealer/stealer" search on them and you will see why. Absolute arrogant ****'s that ask waaay to much for there bikes and will not budge. In fact I got told there, " well look, that's what we want for the bike (2K over MSRP) so you gunna buy it or not..I have things to do" !!!!!!!!! WTF!
i agree with this, i got mine at cement city also same deal but now you can go ten year loan if you want a lower payment talk to scott, but your interest will be slightly higher. but your monthly payment will be lower.

Quick Reply: Street Glide Price In Mich