Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truth in dyno

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:19 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

that is very valueable information harleytuner. and it's honest cause you're not trying to sell a customer bigger numbers, and you're not paid in here to impress the owner of the bike. hope when the time comes i can find a tuner who's straight up with me about the a/f ratios and hp/tq numbers. great info, thank you.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

HarleyTuner I have a question that has been throwed around a time or two between my tuner and myself, my bike is a 06 ElectraglideStandard that was mfg in the late 05 yr, it has the 8 degree inj's, I have a 95" kb flattops,wfolarrys heads,hq 0034 cams, bub7 tru duals, bike did 84hp & 94tq, runs great but the duty cycle was at 78%, he wondered if the fuel pressure was a little low or if the gas filter was stopped or if it was the inj's, he's leanning toward the inj's, he also stated that I might be leaving a little on the table due to this, I forgot the dyno sheet but he is a very good tuner, whats your opinion on this.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What affect does humidity and temp have on the dyno?

!. If the bike is tuned in the winter when very dry but most of the riding is done in higher humidity/temps, does the tune still work well or should the tune be done to similar riding conditions?

2. Does humidity/temp affect the TQ/HP numbers up or down when comparing dyno charts from different locations?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

The dyno is used as a tool to calibrate your EFI system, the results will vary in differn't conditions. but if your bike is calibrated properly (i.e. good tune) it should run good in all conditions. DynoJet claims that there dynos correct for differn't atmospheric conditions with their software, but that is debatable.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
WindDamage
Cruiser

Question,, Have you ever tuned a bike (that you know well) then ride the bike after the tune to see how it peforms,, then add a Boyesen X-Wing and check on the Dyno & ride it to see if, the X-Wing makes for a better riding bike??

Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always wonder how much actual power loss you get at higher elevations. I've heard 3% per 1000' don't know how accurate that is. But I do know when I come from higher ground down to sea leval my bike seems to run faster.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Copper Hog
Cruiser

Fantastic insight. I am getting a tune in the spring and this will help me be an educated consumer. THANKS.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by WindDamage
Question,, Have you ever tuned a bike (that you know well) then ride the bike after the tune to see how it peforms,, then add a Boyesen X-Wing and check on the Dyno & ride it to see if, the X-Wing makes for a better riding bike??
Can't say as I have. I have never used them.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Night_Train
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Subscribed"

Old 01-29-2010, 10:42 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

How do you just cruise around? Maybe you're talking a different language. Spreken ze deutsch?

Quick Reply: Truth in dyno