Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need A Brigther Head Light!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:23 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need A Brigther Head Light!

Can someone direct me to a real good thread or have any suggestions on getting a brighter head light? I want to hear what you have to say about your bright head light.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

do a search a million threads on it

Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by leohd
do a search a million threads on it
I knew that would come sooner than later. To much to read, I guess it will be easier for me to go to this one in particular. Just being lazy.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:12 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CHGO5OH
I knew that would come sooner than later. To much to read, I guess it will be easier for me to go to this one in particular. Just being lazy.
The absolute best way to light the road ahead out into tomorrow is to add motolight styled driving lights to your lower fork tubes.......the motolights are very expensive, but their secret is two little 2" diameter halogen bulbs than can be fitted/plugged right into $19 walmart driving lights....Those bulbs are called MR-16's and can be bought almost anywhere for 5 bucks each, and they can be had in many different wattages and beam angles.

My sporty headlight is a skull made by www.realheadlight.com . When I ordered it, I directed he install two MR-16 75 watt 8 degree bulbs.....Those two little bulbs cost only 5 bucks each and are totally amazing in that they double the reach and focus of my stock H3 sporty headlight!

I suggest your keep your stock HD lighting and add a pair of round 2" driving lights to your calipers using 50 watt MR-16 12 degree bulbs. I would wire them to relay off the high beam, and keep the stock passing lights relayed and switched off the low beam.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CHGO5OH
Hey Prospect, your too lazy to do a search? but you want people to help you?

Last edited by leohd; 04-02-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's an interesting Post.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_3263504/tm.htm
At the Danielstern site is a bunch of great info on aiming and lighting in general.
I am planning on doing the same to mine sometime soon.
Mick

Old 04-02-2009, 05:53 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the Kuryakyn Xe7R 7" Headlight and love the amount of light it puts out there! It's a clean light...easy to align and aim. People definitely see the light when you're coming down the road. But we all know that those that don't want to see us won't...regardless what we had on our bikes. The suggestion about the MR-16s is a good one too...another cheaper alternative...and you'll like the results.

I do suggest that you do abit of research on the matter in the forums cause there's a plethora of information and suggestions that really might fit what you're looking for and give ya even greater ideas and knowledge. Make sure ya buy a manual to help ya with the electrical system and correct hook-up of lighting and wire placement and diagrams.

To the fellow forum members that are acting like just plain a$$clowns...freakin' grow up! When someone asks for help...we give it to them...let them know our experiences the good and the bad. Let the junior posters know that we're here to help them and be constructive...not treat them like some ba$tard step-child that is new in your house and because you have 10 times as many posts that you're some type of forum GOD!

OK...I'm stepping off My soap box! I'm here with popcorn awaiting the wordfest of flames!

Ride Safe and Good luck! Mike

Old 04-02-2009, 06:18 AM
lschultz
Road Master

To the fellow forum members that are acting like just plain a$$clowns...freakin' grow up! When someone asks for help...we give it to them...let them know our experiences the good and the bad. Let the junior posters know that we're here to help them and be constructive...not treat them like some ba$tard step-child that is new in your house and because you have 10 times as many posts that you're some type of forum GOD!

A mouthfull that needed to be said. These are the ******** that probably wipp in and out of traffic,take off from a red light like arseholes, run with loud pipes blipping there throttle all the time hey look at me I'm the badest sob out here and I ride a Harley. The little boys will never grow up. There parents did a bad job of raising them.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:53 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by oinker02
The absolute best way to light the road ahead out into tomorrow is to add motolight styled driving lights to your lower fork tubes.......the motolights are very expensive, but their secret is two little 2" diameter halogen bulbs than can be fitted/plugged right into $19 walmart driving lights....Those bulbs are called MR-16's and can be bought almost anywhere for 5 bucks each, and they can be had in many different wattages and beam angles.

My sporty headlight is a skull made by www.realheadlight.com . When I ordered it, I directed he install two MR-16 75 watt 8 degree bulbs.....Those two little bulbs cost only 5 bucks each and are totally amazing in that they double the reach and focus of my stock H3 sporty headlight!

I suggest your keep your stock HD lighting and add a pair of round 2" driving lights to your calipers using 50 watt MR-16 12 degree bulbs. I would wire them to relay off the high beam, and keep the stock passing lights relayed and switched off the low beam.
Thanks for the info

Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Default Thanks for your feedback!

Originally Posted by leohd
Hey Prospect, your too lazy to do a search? but you want people to help you?
I have done the search and like you said "there are millions of threads". I have a job that requires me to work long periods of hours and therefore dont have the time to check it at work. As you can see the by the time stamp on my posts they are all timed stamped late at night with some exceptions. I come home and sacrifice 1 maybe 2 hours of sleep on this site and try to soak up as much as I can. Remember that you to once were a hang around, prospect and so on and pretty much did the same thing. Now, if you have no feed back on the post why bother putting in your 2 cents? I hope my definition of LAZY was clearly explained to you"Road Warrior"?

Quick Reply: Need A Brigther Head Light!