Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need A Brigther Head Light!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mick
Here's an interesting Post.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_3263504/tm.htm
At the Danielstern site is a bunch of great info on aiming and lighting in general.
I am planning on doing the same to mine sometime soon.
Mick
Thanks Mick!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
I installed the Kuryakyn Xe7R 7" Headlight and love the amount of light it puts out there! It's a clean light...easy to align and aim. People definitely see the light when you're coming down the road. But we all know that those that don't want to see us won't...regardless what we had on our bikes. The suggestion about the MR-16s is a good one too...another cheaper alternative...and you'll like the results.

I do suggest that you do abit of research on the matter in the forums cause there's a plethora of information and suggestions that really might fit what you're looking for and give ya even greater ideas and knowledge. Make sure ya buy a manual to help ya with the electrical system and correct hook-up of lighting and wire placement and diagrams.

To the fellow forum members that are acting like just plain a$$clowns...freakin' grow up! When someone asks for help...we give it to them...let them know our experiences the good and the bad. Let the junior posters know that we're here to help them and be constructive...not treat them like some ba$tard step-child that is new in your house and because you have 10 times as many posts that you're some type of forum GOD!

OK...I'm stepping off My soap box! I'm here with popcorn awaiting the wordfest of flames!

Ride Safe and Good luck! Mike
Thanks for the advice. Nothing wrong with continuing the search, just wanted a quick thread that I can go to. As far as certain members that feel the need to bash me because of my reply, thats OK. I'm the bigger person and I didnt come here to argue or to start a bashing thread. Its guys like you that make this forum a great one!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are trying to be seen better during the daytime I would suggest the Harley Fog Lights. They are very bright.

They are priced right and will make you much more visible with the three lights shining.

I did the fog lights and a daytime headlight modulator with hopes of being more visible to the cell phone talking brain dead that are lurking at every corner.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Slammed Rod
Cruiser

I did the Dan Stern thing on my Vette and it worked awesome! On my Vrod I put a Headwinds headlight on it.Was ok,but then I swapped out the insides and installed an HID.Like Having the sun on your handlebars!!! Really bright!!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 AM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run a 80/100..you can get two for 20 bucks,at the local rice shop

Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
cudski
Cruiser

I am running a PIAA, it is well worth the $. Check them out on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The cheapest way is to upgrade your existing bulbs. www.candlepowerinc.com has good service and prices for any bulb you might need.
If you really want to light up the night, you need to go HID. If you slapped a couple of these bad boys on your crash bars you would definitely see the light. http://www.trailtech.net/single_hid_scmr16.html

Old 04-02-2009, 11:35 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

get a roadglide they have 2 headlights, and you'll have twice the light as.. street medic

Last edited by leohd; 04-02-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 PM
timvan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Slammed Rod
On my Vrod I put a Headwinds headlight on it.Was ok,but then I swapped out the insides and installed an HID.Like Having the sun on your handlebars!!! Really bright!!
+1 did this on my Bourget with a Headwinds Headlamp

Old 04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
sfchief
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had good luck with direct replacement Sylvania Silverstars. Much whiter than stock and relatively inexpensive at Walmart.

Quick Reply: Need A Brigther Head Light!