Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide LED mod with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure he is done. He just never cam back with the finished pics. He started this thread in march 09. Would like to see the results tho.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 AM
juscoop
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be my next mod. Harleypingman what lights did you use for the antena holes on the rear facia? I like the way it looks

Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I have pics in the garage but it would be better at night, outside for obvious reasons. I'll try to take some in the next few days.....

Old 04-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer

Any updates?

My fender light died and I'm looking at doing this same mod with the Custom Dynamics "Night Rider" LED Light Bar with the flashing brake alert. I'd still have the stock tail light but these LEDs in the fender light would flash 4-5 times when I hit the brakes then come on steady.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

bookmarking for results, the board just died on mine so I have to come up with something.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 AM
dero4567
Stage I
Default Oval LED's in Fascia

Originally Posted by Bigmeanie
This is with just the running lights I couldn’t apply the break and take the picture at the same time. As you can see they are bright and get twice as bright when the breaks are applied.

Where did you get the oval LED's at the top of the fascia? Im interested in doing that on my RG. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:46 AM
electraglide999
Intermediate

I would like to see the pics. Its so sad that such a great thread just died for no apparent reason????????

Old 10-20-2011, 07:32 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome mod. Thank you. I'll be doing this.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Apologies for not posting some pics or a video since this post was started 2+ years ago. I can say that what I did works--still works with many miles on the bike. Is it brighter than the HD run/brake accessory LED? To my eye it is, but it's been a long time since I did a side-by-side comparison and have no pics to prove it to anyone else.

I installed the Bright *** Lights, BAL-1R some time back and it makes the fascia LED superfluous--whether in the bright run mode, or ultra bright flashing/steady brake light mode. It also makes it impossible to take useful photos or video until such time as I remove the BAL-1R and disconnect it to take some pics or shoot some video. I did try tonight to cover the BAL with a couple of layers of duct tape and that didn't do enough to kill the BAL's brightness.

My suggestion is to save the $$$ on modding the fascia LED, and use the money for a BAL. If your OEM LED fails, leave it dark and buy the BAL if safety is your primary concern and $$$ are tight.

If your SG is one of the newer models w/o a tail light and want something brighter than the OEM or accessory LED, use the brightest LED arrays you can find--not being familiar with those products, I can't offer a recommendation. What I did can be done with the newer OEM LED, though it will wire somewhat differently since the newer models don't have the circuit board behind the tail light that the '08 and older models have.

Carl

Last edited by Harleypingman; 10-21-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Reviving this thread since it was brought up in a new thread today.

Originally Posted by Bigmeanie
. What I did can be done with the newer OEM LED, though it will wire somewhat differently since the newer models don't have the circuit board behind the tail light that the '08 and older models have.

Carl
What's inside the "newer" ones and that would not include the accessory run/brake tri-bar light since that is an 07 part correct? Any knowledge of the (presumably) chinese version on ebay with amber signals on the edges? Only $50, I guess that would be the choice if you were going to modify it anyway.

Quick Reply: Street Glide LED mod with Pics