Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Touring Mufflers

Trying to find a quiet muffler without going back to stock. Long trips are wearing me out. Anybody running the following?:

Harley Davidson Touring Muffler Part # 65259-00

And comment. A little louder than stock is fine.

Thanks

Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the jackpot mufflers at the Fuelmoto website and listen to them. Im about to put them on my 09 Ultra since i dont want loud pipes either.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

+1 on the fuelmoto jackpots, believe you can get quiter baffles but most like the jackpots the way they are. The SE pipes always sounded tinny to me. call jamie at fuel moto he'll talk your ear off and give you a wealth of info hell of a nice guy.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take My Monster Ovals on trips and they are deep enough sounding to make ya love them...but not a serious droning sound to deafen your ears or lull you to sleep! I think they are a good choice. they are only 3-5 decibels above stock!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I have Kuryakin Crushers. Im getting tired of the noise especially on long interstate trips, it makes my xm and hawg wired amp/speakers sound like a dash radio. I have been looking at Supertrapp. Go to supertrapp.com look up the fat shots model 728-71576 or Bub Kerker slip on mufflers on their web page. They have sound clips you can hear. Theres even a supertrapp forum you can sign up on and hear everything they make. Excellant quality nd sound. You will be overly surprised and their between 4-500.00

Old 03-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree, loud mufflers on a long trip wear you out. And other riders behind you in the group don't like them after awhile either. I'm enjoying the stock mufflers on this new bike so not sure if I'll ever switch but if I do it'll be to something just one step above stock at most.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have your stock mufflers (or if you can find a pair for $50 somewhere) get a set of B&E (www.superflowmufflers.com) Max 2's and only put the left muffler on (and use a stock right muffler).

Wonderful but not loud. Nice little "bark" when you give it a twist in deer territory, a mellow rumble at the stoplights.

If you put the right side muffler on, you may as well have Rineharts on there. Freaking amazing, but too loud for my taste (well, too loud for most of the population's taste and I'm not going to contribute to even more "noise ordinances" if I can help it).

Best buck-twenty-five I ever spent. Plus, they're made from stock touring mufflers - So if you wind up somewhere "unfriendly" you won't look anything other than stock. And you won't be obnoxiously loud.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Check these out, if you decide to look for a quieter muffler without going back to stock:

http://www.samsonusa.com/new_products_fl.htm

Just installed a set of Samson true duals onto a Road King Custom. (It already had hi-flow air intake/filter and stage 1 kit...the install also required a V&H fuel pak.) The Samsons offer a deeper tone, aren't 'tinny', and the bike is noticeably more responsive in mid-range - with no discernable loss of torque in low ranges. The Samson true duals sound more 'Nascar' rumble - both while winding up as well as down, but not very much louder overall in terms of decibels at all.

These are some sedate pipes, ...while cruising if these are much louder than stock my ears can't tell the difference. (My bike came stock with a stage 1 kit and Screaming Eagle pipes...)

I don't think I'll have any problem hearing the iPod over these pipes.

Best with your selection,

Doc

Last edited by Doc Intrepid; 03-31-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rubbit
check out the jackpot mufflers at the Fuelmoto website and listen to them. Im about to put them on my 09 Ultra since i dont want loud pipes either.
Look at the Supertrapps while your on their site. I just put them on my RK. Their only 3db over stock, pretty quiet but they have a low rumble. Fuelmoto says they give a 12% power boost too.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I found a pair of screaming Eagle CVO mufflers on ebay or some place.Quiet and great performance.

Quick Reply: Touring Mufflers