Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:41 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your using your stock headers the monster ovals are pretty quiet but also provide a nice deep rumble and tone.They stay constant even thru throttle.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Willy G.
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm diggin' the stockers, The 09's sound good to me, when opened up they sound just right and at speed quite. If I were to change up I'd go with the FM stage 1 and be done with it.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I knocked the caps out of my stockers, and am very happy with the sound. Somewhat louder, but not irritating on long trips.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 AM
phattey
Cruiser

BUB7 Slip-ons are the quietest pipes I've heard other than stock. Very nice idle rumble, then a deep tone throughout, not raspy at all...

On the road at cruising speed, they were realyl nice..!!

We like them on our '09 flhx, but I'm going back to a 2into1 for the power.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
If you have your stock mufflers (or if you can find a pair for $50 somewhere) get a set of B&E (www.superflowmufflers.com) Max 2's and only put the left muffler on (and use a stock right muffler).

Wonderful but not loud. Nice little "bark" when you give it a twist in deer territory, a mellow rumble at the stoplights.

If you put the right side muffler on, you may as well have Rineharts on there. Freaking amazing, but too loud for my taste (well, too loud for most of the population's taste and I'm not going to contribute to even more "noise ordinances" if I can help it).

Best buck-twenty-five I ever spent. Plus, they're made from stock touring mufflers - So if you wind up somewhere "unfriendly" you won't look anything other than stock. And you won't be obnoxiously loud.

Interesting concept.. left side only ?...I ran a set and they were great mufflers then i got some of the early S/E slip ons and I liked them. I went to or did buy another set of the super flows but there looked like crap ? The first set I had were like new. I emailed Bob who is right down the road from me and didnt get a reply so i left him neutral feeback and he got all pissed off?. He was rude enuff that I filed a paypal claim. He refunded my money after I sent the mufflers back but all I wanted was another set in like new condition and I know he has them.. I worked with a guy whos wife is related to this guy and he is making a damn fortune off these things... They do sound nice though .

Last edited by n8dc; 04-01-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Tileman
Advanced

I have the harley touring mufflers on my bagger. They don't sound any better than stock mufflers. They are in the screamin eagle section of the catalog, but are not screamin eagle mufflers. Harley wont sell screamin eagle mufflers for anything older than 07 anymore. Was disappointed cause I was told by the dealer that they would have a deeper rumble than stock. Not true. I lived with them like that for a season, then gutted them and put in monster baffles. Love the sound now. Probably too loud for what you want though. I would go with the previous suggestions unless you want the sewing machine sound of the stock pipes on the 88 inch motors.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Still trying to find someone with that part number ($313 from Lake Shore HD..or other 20% online store)

1. I might call Jamie at FuelMoto for some direction.
2. Monster Ovals look and sound great. But $600 + for mufflers is out of line.
3. I still have my 4 year old stockers (somewhere?) But don't want to lose the Stage 1 gains. Might drill or knock out "cap".
4. No Samson true duals....My V&H dresser dual are fine.
5. I'll also look at Supertrapps if they are only 3 db over stock
6. CVO Screamin' eagle...If I can fine em'
7. Scrooge: didn't your '06 have a catalytic converter. Let me know exactly
what you did, ie; knock out end caps
8. Will take a look at BUB 7's

Thanks again guys.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Well I learned something new.
1. Supertrapp made (makes) the Screamin' Eagle mufflers
2. H-D doesn't have the "old" ones, but Supertrapp (Via FuelMoto) still does, and refers to them as "SE Series Slip on's". reasonably prices at $299 (plus end caps)

http://fuelmotousa.com/supertrapp.htm

Old 04-01-2009, 08:46 AM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 4 inch SE touring/performance cans on my bike and love them. Good tone and do not need ear plugs on the the long runs. I usually make a 4500 mile + or - trip a year and got tired of the loud muffs and I want to save whats left of of the old ears.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed the Fuel Moto package last night. Did the mufflers first and before I put on the PCV and Air kit I took it out for a spin. Perfect sound. Nice low rumble. Louder ands definitely a lower tone than stock but not at all obnoxious. As a matter of fact, they sounded so good that I thought for a minute about skipping the PCV and Air Kit. But the minute passed quickly once I remembered that I had about 14 more ponies and some cooler temps just sitt'n there in the starting gate waiting for the starting bell. Now all is done and all is well. These are a quieter and lower tone than the Rush 1.75's or Rineharts (I've had both) and the raspy "cracking" at full throttle is gone baby gone. Havn't had a chance yet for the long cruise test but Saturday is looking good.

Quick Reply: Touring Mufflers