Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360* Brake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:26 PM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DuraGlide
It's my understanding that they work like a clutch pac in an automatic transmission. Lot more friction area than meets the eye.
Heat dissapation is the key. Small brake rotors or drums can't get rid of the heat associated with hard braking.... The actual footprint of the brake pads or shoes may be the same as stock brakes, and the pressure applied by the calipers or cylinders may be the same but the small rotor or drum can't shed the heat quick enough.... and as one poster said hot brake rotors = less performance ... Looks great though Ride safe

Old 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsimo7
Heat dissapation is the key. Small brake rotors or drums can't get rid of the heat associated with hard braking.... The actual footprint of the brake pads or shoes may be the same as stock brakes, and the pressure applied by the calipers or cylinders may be the same but the small rotor or drum can't shed the heat quick enough.... and as one poster said hot brake rotors = less performance ... Looks great though Ride safe
100 % Agreed, and also Brake Torque needs to be considered. Brake torque is the product of

brake force (pressure x pad area) x lever arm (i.e. radius of disk)

If you consider those key variables none of them benefit from a compact brake, rather unfortunate as it does look the business.

In terms of heat dissipation through the pads themselves, I am not convinced the auto industry has really found a product that performs as well as asbestos yet, and I believe one of the really difficult qualities of asbestos to emulate is that of heat dissipation

Old 04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Slammed Rod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to them:
http://www.360brake.com/index.htm
Next time I'm down in AZ I'll stop by Yaffe's shop and ask him how he thinks they work!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just can't believe that these brakes can be nearly as effective as standard discs
Several forum members tried these on touring models 1-1/2 or two years ago with mixed results. Most was not good. Do a search and you should be able to find some info.

I have heard that improvements have been made, however.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:30 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I'd be concerned with getting repair parts for them. I'd imagine the pads and discs are unique and will be a special order when you need them.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The 360 brake is now under new ownership since the days of the original brake. There was a pretty good discussion on another forum and the owner was one of the folks posting. The brake is a disk with a 360 degree pad. Like was previously stated, kind of like a clutch pack. The disk is supposedly built in such a way as to help improve cooling. There are also two sizes available. I don't have any idea how well they work, but they sure look great.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

perimiter brakes are awsome so much control and so little heat and look good.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Slammed Rod
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Neckball
Several forum members tried these on touring models 1-1/2 or two years ago with mixed results. Most was not good. Do a search and you should be able to find some info.

I have heard that improvements have been made, however.
Tried doing a search before I post this and it would only come up with brake post.Nothing for 360 for some reason.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:56 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

I thought I read on there a while back stating it was not meant for high speeds and mainly for show. Google 360 brake. I'm sure you would find reviews about this.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Slammed Rod
Cruiser

That might have been a while back.They are under new ownership and have changed.I 'll be looking into this alot more!!!

Quick Reply: 360* Brake?