Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Scala Q2 & Nuvi ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM
txgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a Scala Q2 & Nuvi ???

Have been looking at the Scala Q2 bike to bike communicator but it "appears" to only talk to the Zumo GPS vs the NUVI models.

Anyone got a Q2 paired with a NUVI ?
Heard somewhere that it might work using the FM transmitter function ?

Don't really care about FM radio, cell phone or MP3 functions but would like to be able to get GPS directions and talk with the OL since she likes to hang way back behind me.....or is it I like to go faster.....

Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have Zumo & the original Scala team rider set so I can't answer your specific question, but if you have a Nuvi with bluetooth I see no reason why it & the Q2 won't link.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:20 PM
txgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jinks
I have Zumo & the original Scala team rider set so I can't answer your specific question, but if you have a Nuvi with bluetooth I see no reason why it & the Q2 won't link.
What I read was that when you try to pair them up the NUVI will ask for a pin. Scala claims the pin is 0000 but the issue is there is no way to key that in from the Scala and the NUVI won't let you do it either.

The work around I read about was to set up the NUVI to use the FM transmitter and then tune the Scala to the station. I have zero experience with the Scala but the FM transmiter on my NUVI 660 sucks bildge water. Scala just sends you a canned answer when you contact them that they don't test with every GPS. Garmin of course wants to sell Zumos.

I replied back to Scala that it's funny they wouldn't want to provide a definitive answer concerning if thier product will work with the NUVI since its one of the most popular out there. OH well, guess I will have to stick to the old hand signals.

Would you buy the Scala team rider again?