Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMA or AAA or Bros Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:39 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,376 Likes on 954 Posts
Default AMA or AAA or Bros Club

Need to join one for peace of mind on the road. Recommendations? Any other options? Thanks.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:12 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I presume for the bike? If so I have a HOG membership. If you need parts while on the road, within 24 hours what ever HD dealer you are at can have them delivered. Does have towing and flat repair too. Plus a new Atlas, LOL. I used the need it now service for a part while at bike week a few years back. Part delivered and installed within a day.

I also have AAA had it for years mostly for maps. You can get AAA without buying their insurance.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:37 AM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Up here in the Peoples Republic AAA does not do motorcycles so I upped my Hog membership towing insurance. I found that it is a better deal. Besides I figured if I had AAA those nitwits would come and just lay the bike on its side on a ramp truck. I rather use the HOG service instead.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:03 AM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have AAA for years and the couple times I have used them they sent out a flatbed with a driver that knows how to haul a bike! No problems with AAA!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:11 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep both HOG and AAA. I find some areas are covered better by one or the other. Some of the people that are contracted by HOG actually have real motorcycle carriers where AAA does not...And I've found the reverse, so that's why I keep both. I ask both HOG and AAA to have the towing company call me immediately so I can find out. I've just seen to many towing companies pick peoples baggers up with straps and crack the saddlebags and such. Good luck on your quest!

Ride safe, Mike

Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

I have AAA for the cars but for the Bike I keep my hog membership I also maitiane a AMA membership for the fact of suppoting a good cuase.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

AAA and AARP.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
gregsworld
Tourer

Get your insurance through Progressive. Great rates and roadside assistance...

Old 03-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

For road service join national HOG (don't have to join a local chapter) then get the road service (Road America).

HOG will pick you up and take your bike to the closest dealership or home (whichever is closer).......even if the next dealership is four towns away! I believe the other services (through the insurance companies) take you to the closest service dept. that works on Harleys (could be an independant shop). At least that's what I was told.

Road America (through HOG) has hauled my bike on a couple of occassions, when in other states. It should be illegal to have dealerships that far apart.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have AAA RV Plus and it covers RVs and motorcycles as well as your car. I have had to use it a few times for my bikes for various reasons and I have never had an issue having a flatbed truck come and get my bike.

I had AMA Motow and dropped them. Once when I had to call Motow it took several hours to get a truck to me...why...because they don't pay the drivers crap and no one wants to do a tow job for very little. The driver that did pick me up said he used to work for HOG and AMA and they don't want to pay anything for a pick up so he no longer works for them. Why did he come get me...because AMA said they would pay his current rate.

Quick Reply: AMA or AAA or Bros Club