Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMA or AAA or Bros Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 PM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattman22033
I have AAA RV Plus and it covers RVs and motorcycles as well as your car. I have had to use it a few times for my bikes for various reasons and I have never had an issue having a flatbed truck come and get my bike.
I also have both the AAA RV membership which covers the cars and the bike (and up to a 100 mile tow per occurance), and I also have a HOG membership, double coverage. AAA has always been excellent with the flatbed trucks and guys who knew how to strap a bike down correctly.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,376 Likes on 954 Posts

Thanks guys, for all the great info. Looks like Triple A RV its going to be. Covers my bike and the ol lady's cage. 1 tow in a year and pays for its self. Plus all the other stuff they offer.
Ride Safe.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 AM
JohnCA58
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just at AAA office yesterday trying to get the motorcycle road assistance, they said you have to have the bike insured by them also..... is that true for you guys, they want 710 a year for the bike, almost double what I pay now for the same coverage. So if you have AAA bike road assistance coverage, do you also have the bike insured by them ?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 AM
DParker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing to know about AAA is that even if your AAA area does bikes, that coverage does not exist everywhere in the U.S. You could be stuck.

More important to me is having the best equipment taking me to a servicing dealer. On the way to Sturgis in 2004 my final drive belt ate a rock in a construction zone just south of Yellowstone. Flagg Ranch to be exact. HOG Road America immediately dispatched an enclosed bike trailer from the nearest dealer, which was Belgrade, Montana. Took him 8 hours to reach me because the park rules won't let them drive through Yellowstone. He had to drive down through Idaho and up through Jackson. We sweet talked our way into Yellowstone on the way back and arrived in Belgrade after dark. His wife had made me a reservation at a decent hotel, he dropped me off at the hotel and kept my bike in his trailer overnight. Was back at the hotel first thing in the morning to pick me up and take me to the dealer.

Can't beat service like that. And it didn't cost me a dime. (except for a generous tip)

Old 04-01-2009, 04:03 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What the hell is Bros Club ?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:40 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,376 Likes on 954 Posts
Old 04-02-2009, 02:17 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD 96

Thanks I had never heard of it.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Jukebox
Road Master

Me either. I too am heading out on a 3800mi trip this summer (June) and I don't want to be SOL if someting goes wrong. When I bought the bike I got the 1st year complimetary HOG membership,it will end in June unless I renew. So I too have been wondering what to do. Can I get some more info on how HOG has been helpfull or not to other riders out there? Not to hijack your thread but this is really good info for all riders.
Thanks

Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain

I carry both HOG Roadside America and AAA Texas....for the same reasons as most.....HOG for the bike....AAA for the truck. Thing I like about AAA is no matter which vehicle Im in, even GFs truck....supposidly Im covered.

Hope I never have to find out.

Billy G

Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Open Road
For road service join national HOG (don't have to join a local chapter) then get the road service (Road America).

HOG will pick you up and take your bike to the closest dealership or home (whichever is closer).......even if the next dealership is four towns away! I believe the other services (through the insurance companies) take you to the closest service dept. that works on Harleys (could be an independant shop). At least that's what I was told.

Road America (through HOG) has hauled my bike on a couple of occassions, when in other states. It should be illegal to have dealerships that far apart.
When I had my free one year HOG membership,I had a flat in Cades Cove TN...about 4 hours later a rollback arrived and hauled my bike to Smokey Mtn HD in Maryville...maybe 30-40 miles?.....cost $130 and HOG paid $90......SMHD service was awesome...got me in and out on a Sunday afternoon....later I added roadside asst to my GEICO Ins for a couple dollars a year and never renewed the HOG membership...dont get me wrong...HOG is great for those who actually take advantage of all their 'perks'...I rarely attend rallies and dont enjoy riding with large groups so its really not for me...:>)

Quick Reply: AMA or AAA or Bros Club