Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC and B+ CONNECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
But if that amp is like any other, the speakers will not get any signal after the power is turned off and you wouldn't hear anything.
That would make for a lengthy discussion when he posts " my speakers don't work anymore. "

Old 04-24-2014, 03:37 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Cool thanks

Old 05-05-2014, 03:06 PM
120rRKnHI
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for the information in this thread and the pics it's helped me understand both power sources location, and also how they are used.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:25 PM
buellrider76
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

subscribe

Old 08-16-2015, 03:41 PM
tommy1005
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tda69
Over the weekend I was building 12 Volt Power Modules for some HDForums members and naturally two common questions came up. "Do you plan to use the ACC switch on your dash to turn the Module On/Off?" or "are you wiring to the B+ connector (hot) and intend on using an On/Off power switch on the Module itself?" Regardless of what accessory you personally may need to wire, now or in the future both are viable options to power your accessories. For clarification, there are a total of 2 accessory plugs, for those who are unaware. One plug operates off the ACC switch on your dash and the other plug is wired to the B+ connection (hot) and is not operated by a switch. The difference between the two is that the ACC switch will only operate when the ignition is turned on. The other is wired hot and remains on, even when the ignition is turned off.

While at my local HD dealer over the weekend, I purchased two wiring harness adapters and took photos to show you how they work. For your reference they are:

P/N 70270-04 ACCESSORY ADAPTER HARNESS (B+ CONNECTION)
P/N 70264-94A TWO-INTO-ONE WIRING HARNESS ADAPTER (ACC SWITCH)

From the factory as originally equipped your bike (Touring models) has one B+ plug and one ACC plug. However if you purchase either of the two adpaters mentioned above, you can expand your plugs to add more accessories (as shown in the photos).

Picture 1 (0374.jpeg) shows both accessory plugs, the ACC (grey/green) and the B+ (grey). Also pictured is the wiring harness & plug (orange) for my 12 volt Power Module which is controlled by the ACC switch.

Picture 2 (0375.jpeg) shows P/N 70264-94A which expands the one ACC plug to a total of two. This will operate two accessories off the same ACC switch located on your dash.

Picture 3 (0376.jpeg) shows P/N 70270-04 which expands the one B+ plug to a total of three. Since this is a hot circuit that doesn't turn off with your ignition, you need a power switch on whatever accessory you may be using.

Picture 4 (0377.jpeg) shows both adapters plugged in which expands your plugs to a total of five (2 ACC & 3 B+).

Thought I'd share this information since some of you may already be using both plugs and/or were unaware that adapters were available. Hope you found this useful.
Thank you for all this info. Just saved me a ton of time.

The following users liked this post:
BerkRider (05-02-2021)
Old 04-28-2017, 01:01 PM
gbourck
Stage II
Default 12v Power Pack???

Firstly - you are AWESOME taking the time to do this "right"!!! I found every scrape of info, and you tied it all together. HD should have you on staff.

Do you still make these, and/or where can I get one?
misc@bourck.com

Old 05-05-2019, 07:46 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I need some confirmation.

Can anyone confirm that the plug below is the correct male connector for the ACC switch on the dash?

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/382...ring-connector

Old 05-05-2019, 07:49 PM
Tommyh70
Intermediate

Yes it is.

QUOTE=5280Ruffian;18235010]I know this is an old thread, but I need some confirmation.

Can anyone confirm that the plug below is the correct male connector for the ACC switch on the dash?

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/382...ring-connector[/QUOTE]

Old 05-02-2021, 08:05 PM
BerkRider
Novice
Default Big help!

Originally Posted by tda69
Over the weekend I was building 12 Volt Power Modules for some HDForums members and naturally two common questions came up. "Do you plan to use the ACC switch on your dash to turn the Module On/Off?" or "are you wiring to the B+ connector (hot) and intend on using an On/Off power switch on the Module itself?" Regardless of what accessory you personally may need to wire, now or in the future both are viable options to power your accessories. For clarification, there are a total of 2 accessory plugs, for those who are unaware. One plug operates off the ACC switch on your dash and the other plug is wired to the B+ connection (hot) and is not operated by a switch. The difference between the two is that the ACC switch will only operate when the ignition is turned on. The other is wired hot and remains on, even when the ignition is turned off.

While at my local HD dealer over the weekend, I purchased two wiring harness adapters and took photos to show you how they work. For your reference they are:

P/N 70270-04 ACCESSORY ADAPTER HARNESS (B+ CONNECTION)
P/N 70264-94A TWO-INTO-ONE WIRING HARNESS ADAPTER (ACC SWITCH)

From the factory as originally equipped your bike (Touring models) has one B+ plug and one ACC plug. However if you purchase either of the two adpaters mentioned above, you can expand your plugs to add more accessories (as shown in the photos).

Picture 1 (0374.jpeg) shows both accessory plugs, the ACC (grey/green) and the B+ (grey). Also pictured is the wiring harness & plug (orange) for my 12 volt Power Module which is controlled by the ACC switch.

Picture 2 (0375.jpeg) shows P/N 70264-94A which expands the one ACC plug to a total of two. This will operate two accessories off the same ACC switch located on your dash.

Picture 3 (0376.jpeg) shows P/N 70270-04 which expands the one B+ plug to a total of three. Since this is a hot circuit that doesn't turn off with your ignition, you need a power switch on whatever accessory you may be using.

Picture 4 (0377.jpeg) shows both adapters plugged in which expands your plugs to a total of five (2 ACC & 3 B+).

Thought I'd share this information since some of you may already be using both plugs and/or were unaware that adapters were available. Hope you found this useful.
Man-Oh-Man! You have NO idea how much this post helped me!! After reading your post I was finally, after dickin around with it multiple times, able to identify and locate the connectors in my 06 Road Glide!

Mucho Gracias Señor! 👍👍
​​​​​​​