Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC and B+ CONNECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:51 PM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the 12v adapter for my road king to eventually power a phone/music source. The wire on this adapter is not very long, where would I look for some sort of extension with the same plug type. I will probably be going to the handle bar right of center with a RAM mount and powerlet type plug. Not to hijack the thread by any means.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The HD accessory, p/n 70264=94A, creates two accessory connectors as previously described.

However, if you want to connect an accessory to the OEM accessory connector or to this pigtail, you'll need a male connector. Using the p/n's in the directions included with the above harness, you can assemble your own:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J01544.pdf

HD sells the parts, but you can also buy them from Batts Racing.

Carl

Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 PM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser

Thanks, good info.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:09 AM
skypilot101
Intermediate
Default ACC Pin Mapping

This thread is great and answers so many questions. I've been trying to get info on the ACC plug on my 1999 Road King, but info has been hard to come by.

Ken

Last edited by skypilot101; 04-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Slider57
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, call me a dumb-***, but I can't figure this out. I bought the two-into-one 70264-94A harness adapter. So now I have two female plugs. All I want to accomplish, is to wire LED engine accent lighting to the ACC switch on my dash. There are 4 wires going into both female connectors. Of those 4 wires, which 2 could I "T" tap into? In my deranged mind, "T" tapping is more cost-effective that going back to the dealer and ordering the parts to construct a male plug. Any guidance is welcome.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Spend a couple of $$$ for a test light and you'll figure it out.

Also, the connectors have very small embossed numbers for the wire locations. Chamber 3 should be the ground wire, and Chamber 4 should be the switched circuit.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Daddio
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Spend a couple of $$$ for a test light and you'll figure it out.

Also, the connectors have very small embossed numbers for the wire locations. Chamber 3 should be the ground wire, and Chamber 4 should be the switched circuit.

Good luck with your project.

Carl
OK. so which off the remaining 2 would be powered just though the ignition regardless of the accesory swicth postion on the dashboard?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
rochsu69
Stage I
Default Dash ACC switch for Amp

Here I go off on a tangent about the ACC dash switch. There's many separate topics of radio reception being lost after the installation of an amp. In my case the Hogtunes 902.2Rev. If power to the amp is cut, then radio reception is fine. Any thoughts on using the ACC switch on the dash to simply power the amp off when wanting to listen to the radio? It kind of sucks to not have the sound quality with the radio but I could deal with that. I would imagine using the connector under the seat would be an easy splice to the power cable to the amp.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tda69
Not sure how your grips are wired. Since they are turned on/off at the grip and they don't require the ACC switch to be on, then they are probably wired to the ignition circuit. That's all I can think of.
The acc plug has 4 wires. Ground, on w/ignition, on w/brake, and on w/acc switch. Depending on the accessory plugged into it will determine how it operates. On my 99 I plugged an extra set of brake lights into it wired to use the on w/brake. On my 08 I am using the same plug for an accessory that is on with ignition . Quite ingenious.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rochsu69
Here I go off on a tangent about the ACC dash switch. There's many separate topics of radio reception being lost after the installation of an amp. In my case the Hogtunes 902.2Rev. If power to the amp is cut, then radio reception is fine. Any thoughts on using the ACC switch on the dash to simply power the amp off when wanting to listen to the radio? It kind of sucks to not have the sound quality with the radio but I could deal with that. I would imagine using the connector under the seat would be an easy splice to the power cable to the amp.
You could use the ACC switch to turn the power to the amp on and off. Don't use it for the main power, the amp needs direct power from the battery for that. Use the ACC switch for power to the remote on wire that tells the amp to turn on.

But if that amp is like any other, the speakers will not get any signal after the power is turned off and you wouldn't hear anything.

Quick Reply: ACC and B+ CONNECTORS