Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC and B+ CONNECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Bikerpunk
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory plug

Good thread. I think I'm getting close.

I have an '04 Road King Police and installed a cigarette lighter type power supply for phones, etc. I know the plug is the black one under the seat, but it has no power. On a different forum someone posted that it may be disabled for consumer use when the bike was never used as a cop bike. What's the best way to get the connector hot again? I'm a rider for 37 years, but only just started to do my own repairs and upgrades. Please bear with my lack of knowledge in this area.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Not sure about police bike wiring. I'd recommend buying a service manual so you can better understand your bike's wiring. Since yours is a police bike, that plug could go to almost anything. Are you certain it's a Deutsch connector with 4 pins?

Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
Good thread. I think I'm getting close.

I have an '04 Road King Police and installed a cigarette lighter type power supply for phones, etc. I know the plug is the black one under the seat, but it has no power. On a different forum someone posted that it may be disabled for consumer use when the bike was never used as a cop bike. What's the best way to get the connector hot again? I'm a rider for 37 years, but only just started to do my own repairs and upgrades. Please bear with my lack of knowledge in this area.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Bikerpunk
Stage II
Default accessory plug

It's got the 4 pin plug, but it's not hot. I have the service manual, but I'm new to repairs and upgrades. Any idea on how to get the plug hot again?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 AM
bfriskey
6th Gear

Great job, Wish i found your info yesterday it would have saved me hours at the stealers AND i would NOT have to make a return trip for the male ends!!
Hey while we are on this..Anyone have a picture of console removed? I removed it to run wires and not sure how to put everything back together ..overflow, fume recovery and fuel gauge wires/tubing JUST DOESN'T Look right..Installed and replaced several times to adjust etc.. MANUAL IS TOTALLY INCORRECT..Any help??? PS.Want a photo of ONLY console removed revelaing how these items SHOULD be run along tank AND how they route underseat....Right now It appears 2 items will interfere with seat mount?? :'(

Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 AM
bfriskey
6th Gear
Smile I agree ..might be radio connector on a Police Bike

Originally Posted by tda69
Not sure about police bike wiring. I'd recommend buying a service manual so you can better understand your bike's wiring. Since yours is a police bike, that plug could go to almost anything. Are you certain it's a Deutsch connector with 4 pins?
As stated this could be anything on a police model such as radio, intercom, dry relay for lights siren etc..Will check my manual later this morning (it's 6 am now, and post what i find for you).Don't know if my manual covers police model /???I'll post picture of different connectors as well for your reference...
WHEN WILLL I LEARN TO CHECK THE DATES ON THESE POSTS !!!!

Last edited by bfriskey; 08-30-2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: DATE/OBSOLETE POST
Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
rwrimes
5th Gear
Default ACC and B+ Connectors

Originally Posted by tda69
Picture 1 (0374.jpeg) shows both accessory plugs, the ACC (grey/green) and the B+ (grey). Also pictured is the wiring harness & plug (orange) for my 12 volt Power Module which is controlled by the ACC switch.

Picture 2 (0375.jpeg) shows P/N 70264-94A which expands the one ACC plug to a total of two. This will operate two accessories off the same ACC switch located on your dash.

Picture 3 (0376.jpeg) shows P/N 70270-04 which expands the one B+ plug to a total of three. Since this is a hot circuit that doesn't turn off with your ignition, you need a power switch on whatever accessory you may be using.

Picture 4 (0377.jpeg) shows both adapters plugged in which expands your plugs to a total of five (2 ACC & 3 B+).

Thought I'd share this information since some of you may already be using both plugs and/or were unaware that adapters were available. Hope you found this useful.
Can you post these pictures so that they are viewable to newbies?

Thanks,

Randy

Old 05-17-2011, 08:53 AM
RPS1981
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wondered if the B+ connector stayed hot with the ignition off. Thanks for the info.

You should be writing owners manuals for H-D.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
It's got the 4 pin plug, but it's not hot. I have the service manual, but I'm new to repairs and upgrades. Any idea on how to get the plug hot again?
My guess is you are on the wrong plug the one you are looking for is in front of the battery buried under the gas tank.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:17 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Well Done

Very well done, good useful info for idiots. The way they should all be done, great job. I am sure I will be looking for this thread many times in the future.
Kris

Old 05-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Moore299
Novice

Originally Posted by rocknrod
That is some good info and pictures you have there.
Thank you.
Ditto

Quick Reply: ACC and B+ CONNECTORS