Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bandera Tx.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:35 PM
RickyB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bandera Tx.

Just Got back from the Rally in Bandera......wow there was some Great riding out there. We went on an all day ride to Luckenbach and back to bandera, the best time on the scooter so far!!! the most beautiful country side in texas by far....

Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any websites that recommend routes, lodging, places to see, stay, etc? I've been wanting to make that ride for more than a year and have it on my short list for this summer.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were going to go but didn't due to the weather that was rolling in. I know on Saturday it was cold and windy (60mph winds) in Fairfield TX where we went. Only rode the bike to the park store to get ice... next time you're up that way ride from Bandera to Lost Maples state Park. awesome ride, especially in the fall.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:03 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesrgarner
Are there any websites that recommend routes, lodging, places to see, stay, etc? I've been wanting to make that ride for more than a year and have it on my short list for this summer.
Here's a good site: http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/the3s.html

Yesterday was a beautiful day to ride. I left Pflugerville about 11:00, rode to Luckenbach, enjoyed a bit of music, then headed south to Boerne (pronounced Bernie for you damn yankees ), took 46 to New Braunsfels, then back up towards Wimberly before going home. Had a dear run out in front of me, but otherwise no problems at all.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 AM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
Here's a good site: http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/the3s.html

Yesterday was a beautiful day to ride. I left Pflugerville about 11:00, rode to Luckenbach, enjoyed a bit of music, then headed south to Boerne (pronounced Bernie for you damn yankees ), took 46 to New Braunsfels, then back up towards Wimberly before going home. Had a dear run out in front of me, but otherwise no problems at all.
You're not kidding about that part of the country as far as deer go...a few years back, I was in my cage going to Wimberly. There were so many deer that I started counting. Counted 47 deer on a 1 mile stretch! It was nighttime. I want to ride the Hill Country, but am "askeered" of the deer after that episode. I know to avoid riding at dusk & dawn, but is there a better time of year when there aren't as many out?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:28 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by monstead
You're not kidding about that part of the country as far as deer go...a few years back, I was in my cage going to Wimberly. There were so many deer that I started counting. Counted 47 deer on a 1 mile stretch! It was nighttime. I want to ride the Hill Country, but am "askeered" of the deer after that episode. I know to avoid riding at dusk & dawn, but is there a better time of year when there aren't as many out?
Man I must have been lucky. The last time I rode through there (and it was dark) I didnt see one.
Thank God!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:36 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go in the fall during hunting season...them damn deer are hiding

Lots of deer. try to ride in the middle of the day. the ride is awesome....go in the fall to Lost Maples when the leave are changing......truly a great ride. (take a camera).

Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Opossum
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did ya get on the Three Sisters 335 336 337 that is some of the bset ridinthis side of the PCH!!! Leakey, TX has a couple a nice places to stay and VERY motorcycle friendly. Ride Texas magazine has some good stuff about those places.
Ride Safe

Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
chipishere
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For those of you interested, here's a fairly decent map of the Texas Hill Country.

http://www.txinfo.com/products/hillcntrymap.html

Old 03-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are leaving in 3 weeks to ride Hill Country. Going to spend 4 days there. We are looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: Bandera Tx.