Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road glide - clearview or cee baily

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009 | 06:59 PM
Aslan
|
Road Master
Default Road glide - clearview or cee baily

I am thinking about buying a Clearview short one inch under stock, or a cee Baily 15 Euro.
Which one will give the best protection? I like the looks of the Cee Baily but if it doesn't do the job I'll go with the Clearview.

Old 03-29-2009 | 07:21 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master

clearview for the wind. i am 6'1' AND GOT THE +2 AND IT IS GREAT. BOUGHT THE + 1 ORIGINALLY AND A LITTLE TOO SHORT TO KNOCK DOWN THE WIND. FRIEND HAS NEW RG TOO AND HE GOT THE CEE BAILEY STANDARD STYLE AND IS HAPPY WITH IT TOO. HE IS A TAD SHORTER THAN ME. WE BOTH BOUGHT KLOCKWERKS AND THEY SUCK. NO PROTECTION AND LOTS OF WIND NOISE. HAVE TO THINK CEE BAILEY EURO WOULD BE ABOUT THE SAME BUT MAYBE A TAD BETTER CAUSE TALLER. IMHO GO WITH STANDARD STYLE FOR EVERY DAY RIDING......RIDE SAFE

Old 03-29-2009 | 07:22 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Can't help you in regards to the Clearview but I sure enjoy my Cee Bailey Euro. A CB combined with a slammed C&C seat - ridin's good!

Old 03-29-2009 | 07:25 PM
deadbug
Cruiser

Are you looking for style or performance.?

Style would be smaller, not much protection.!

Performance is bigger thus more protection !

It's hard to have it both ways. I go for protection keeps me riding more comfortably
longer and can hear radio better.....

I went with Clearview but still not in yet

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:08 PM
texaswiz
Banned

The taller the windshield, the more protection from the wind and debris you will have. I went with a +2 1/2" on my Geezer Glide and it made all the difference between night and day. I can cruise all day at 70 mph, listen to the radio at half volume and not be buffeted at all. It really is a sweet shield with that neat recurve at the top. Can't speak to other brands.

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:18 PM
mudsnark
Advanced

I am in the same position. Recent purchased an RG and need to replace the stock windshield. It is just slightly better than that silly set of mirrors HD puts on the bike. Pretty pathetic. For the mirrors I went with Willie G teardrops, which work great. For the mirror, I am leaning toward the Cee Bailey. I want to hear the radio and with the stock there is a fair amount of buffeting. I am 6-2, so figured I would go with the larger version (16 inches).

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/fltr_ssc_ws.html

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:36 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Like the Large Clearview. 2" taller and 2" wider. I'm 6'1 and like the protection. Cut the wind and buffering dramatically for me. The only problem with it is, trying to lock your stearing up. The extra 2" in width interfere with the stock mirrors. It doesn't bother me as I rarely lock my stearing anyways. If I have to, I just turn the mirror back.

Great windshield though. I'd buy another. Too old to still enjoy eating rocks, grasshoppers and tree bark

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:42 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior

If you're thinking about going with a 1" under clearview, then you'd love the 15" or new 16" Euro Cee Baileys. I have the Cee Bailey 15" euro on my Road Glide and also have a stock sized Clearview and a 2" over Clearview with the vent, The 2" over is the shield I'd use on a trip of 500 miles or better, but the 15" Euro wouldn't be that bad on a trip either. I've had an sold the KW Flair, looked great but the wind noise was so bad I only ran it two days! The 15" Euro is a sweet shield a bit more noise than the stock sized Clearview but not a big difference. should be about the same as a 1" under I'd think Hope this helpd some!

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 03-30-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-29-2009 | 09:21 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by heywood727
Like the Large Clearview. 2" taller and 2" wider. I'm 6'1 and like the protection. Cut the wind and buffering dramatically for me. The only problem with it is, trying to lock your stearing up. The extra 2" in width interfere with the stock mirrors. It doesn't bother me as I rarely lock my stearing anyways. If I have to, I just turn the mirror back.

Great windshield though. I'd buy another. Too old to still enjoy eating rocks, grasshoppers and tree bark
OK, I'll buy the rocks and grasshoppers but tree bark? Are you talking logging trucks? Here the added bonus would be cow chit/piz from the stock haulers - we give 'em a real wide berth and they drive like a-holes I might add!

Old 03-29-2009 | 09:34 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by deadbug
Are you looking for style or performance.?

Style would be smaller, not much protection.!

Performance is bigger thus more protection !

It's hard to have it both ways. I go for protection keeps me riding more comfortably
longer and can hear radio better.....

I went with Clearview but still not in yet
I have to question your logic - please expalin how taller equates to "performance"? I had the 2" over stock HD sheild and it actually scared me in cross winds - like having a billboard strapped to the fairing - guess I don't get your point...

Quick Reply: Road glide - clearview or cee baily