Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st ticket since 1975

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking

I have to be the luckiest person I know in the ticket department.

I started driving when I was 8 (in the Arkansas backwoods in a '49 Dodge and a Velosolex motorized bicycle on dirt farm roads) and I'm 60 now and have never gotten a ticket - and I've driven like a total maniac the whole time. I guess when/if I finally get one, I'll just consider it payback for all those that I should have gotten in the past. I do plan to humbly mention it to the LEO though.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by jokerx
Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall anyone saying go to court and lie.

Would hardly call this thread a whine either...
Actually, you didn't miss anything. Nobody typed "go to court and lie." But several said go to court and say maybe the radar wasn't accurate, maybe since I have a clean record I can just get a pass on this one or what ever all the other reasons were for advising the op to go to court. Don't get me wrong, going to court and pleading guilty and trying to get the best deal possible under the circumstances is smart. Going to court when you know you are guilty trying to bs your way out of it altogether is a different matter.

To some people that is a lie. To misrepresent the truth or to try to cast reasonable doubt on a situation that you fully admit there is no room for any doubt on. To others, including my father in law who is ex-leo, that's just playing the game and hoping I win.

The funny part about this is that I have ridden the good record horse all my life. I understand how it works. I am grateful it works the way it does. I get breaks from leos constantly because I have a good record. If all the leos had written me a ticket when I was stopped and deserved the ticket, my record would be pages long instead of almost non-existant.

I am just saying that if you are riding the good record horse because you truly don't break any laws, including speed limits, my hat is off to you and you are a respect commanding individual. But if your record is clean because you have never been caught or it you have a clean record because you, like me, usually get a pass, quit your bitchin.

No lecture here. I am no fan of the system, but I know the difference between fighting the system and being a crybaby because I got caught breaking a posted speed limit.

Dennis

Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whew! Man those forum Po Po...

Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Must be some bikers here with big bucks............I would lie to get out of a ticket in a new york second.

He wasnt trying to kill somebody for chr..........st sakes he was speeding, was not selling dope to kids, beating on some old lady.

That ticket will be a surcharge for 6 freaking yrs in my state, no drivers course counts for sh...........it.

What cops don't lie.............

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM
BradC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doh!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DPete
70 in a 55 on the SG on a country road out in the middle of nowhere, I say "officer I have not had a ticket in 34 years how about lettin it slide" answer "Nope " I think they're on a $$ raising trend
Well, my time is coming too. I have never had a ticket in 42 years on bikes (off and on), but the other day got pulled over in an area I know well and also know is infested with radar traps. It's called being attentive 99% of the time in that area but not in the 1% when I got nabbed. Anyway, the deputy who pulled me over knew me and before I even got off the bike started laughing. Checked my license for the endorsement but no ticket, so my record is still intact. If you ride enough you're going to be unattentive at the wrong time, so I've just been very lucky. Now, let's not bring up the subject of tickets in cars. That record isn't quite so rosy.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

What ya'll need to do is work public safety. I'm a Paramedic and I get out of tickets pretty easy. That being said, it's only because they know I'm as poor as them(leo)!!!! And if they get shot it might be me a'comin!!! Heck that should scare them now that I think about it!!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 PM
locodude
Road Captain

I have a friend who is a cop. he says ask to see when the radar had been calibrated last. according to state law here in Okla. it must be done at the beginning and end of each shift, don't know how it works where you are but it may be worth a shot. Good luck

Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

This is when you just got to think....how many times you've got away with speed before.