Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st ticket since 1975

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I missed the part that said "go to court and lie"... but the Forum Police are alive and well as illustrated by few of the comments listed above......

Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by matrix5
Lol... See post #4. What are the winning lottery numbers going to be???
Writing isn't my strongest talent. Maybe I somehow gave some the impression I was lecturing about speeding. Even after re-reading what I wrote, I don't see it that way, but if you do, it was not my intent.

I simply stated that I speed most every time I drive and I hardly ever get caught. On the rare occasions I have been caught, I just feel like I know I am guilty of what I am being accused of and I also acknowledge that for this one time I have been caught, I have gotten away with it hundreds of times. I just pay the fine. I don't try to go to court and get out of paying the penalty for getting caught.

I also don't care if that's what others choose to do. I'm not big on telling people what to do when it's not my business.

Dennis

Old 03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Rattle Can
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we are wasting our time with that "Bike of the Month" stuff. What we really need on this site is a "Whine of the Month" category. Or maybe it could be called the "I screwed off and got caught but now I'm gonna get my panties in a knot and bitch, moan, and whine about it and try to make it somebody elses fault" category. Each month's winner would then get the free services of an attorney to re-assign all blame and liability and a social worker to hold the "winner's" hand and make the bad man stop.

Here's a thought. You don't like paying tickets, then pull yer head out of your ***. Fer **** sakes, you 're doing 15 over, just begging to get stopped, and when it happens, you try to blame the cop. And you can bet yer ***, yer hat, and yer house cat that if you were sitting in a school zone and some kid in a tuner car shot through there doing 15 over with his stereo blasting you'd be on the phone demanding that something be done about it. But it's different for you somehow because you're on a bike?

Here's a thought, why don't you just man up, quit passing the blame, pay the damn ticket and get on with life.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
JakeF14
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a ticket a few months ago opted to go to court(i was guilty) hoping the leo didn't show, when i got out of the elevator there must've been a dozen cops waiting, mine was there. pled guilty paid fine no points. they need the money

Old 03-30-2009, 03:55 PM
jokerx
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregsworld
A little shocked at the advice to go to court and lie. Wow.
Greg
Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall anyone saying go to court and lie.

Would hardly call this thread a whine either...

Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Rnemhrd
Cruiser

That sucks, but if you play you have to be willing to pay. I have been stoped for speeding 4 times in the 22 years I have been riding. The first time was on a sport bike. That was a 97 in a 55. Cost me 550 including my lawyer fees. The last 3 I was let off with warnings. The cops were bikers and liked my bikes at the time. I got lucky. All three times I was 20mph over the posted limit. My 09 SG also likes to cruz at around 80. I know I'm due, and NY has a hard on for bikers now.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

Probably been cut more breaks by the cops than tickets if I can remember correctly the latter 70 and early 80 were rough on the memory thing

Old 03-30-2009, 04:34 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

15 over the limit. Suck it up. Most places you can spend an afternoon or morning in a defensive driving course and that gets it removed from your record, saves you paying a fine, and reduces your insurance costs. Don't waste a day in court, take the course and move on.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

got pulled over last year for a rolling stop the cop was more worried about me having

a motorcycle licence than the stop he let me go as soon as i showed him my cycle

endorsment he let me go with a warning-ride safe

Old 03-30-2009, 05:29 PM
gregsworld
Tourer
Red face

Oh okay. It appears I interpreted the advice incorrectly. Seems the advice is for you to appear in court and admit that, in fact, you are guilty as charged. This, will of course, result in the judge relieving you of your ticket and wishing you a 'good day.'

I'm guessing you will just pay the fine (like most of the other sensible people on this forum would do) and get on with your life.

Geez'

Last edited by gregsworld; 03-30-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Can't keep up with the stupidity in some of these threads

Quick Reply: 1st ticket since 1975