Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st ticket since 1975

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:22 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I got nailed rolling through WA last fall, and when I mentioned it on here, I was blasted for being a second class citizen; hard core felon, and altogether no good for nuthin' SOB biker trash!! I was doing 52 in an unposted 35, completely deserted, no residents or traffic in sight zone. Price=$190.00. I called the Court, talked to the Admin Officer of the court, they laughed, told me exactly where I got the ticket, and explained that happens quite frequently in that particular part of their little community. After a brief discussion I proceeded to get the picture that the kids needed new football uniforms this year or something like that. (Never really said) Whatever..... Anyway, she said if I would write a letter, request some special disposition, (too mad to remember the terms) they would reduce the payment to $100 and NOT send the ticket either to my state or to my insurance. After 6 months it would be erased as if it never happened. Guess what I did? Of course, who in their right mind wouldn't? Lesson learned. But I'd definitely suggest you call the court and try to get some kind of reduction, 1st offense or something like that... but at least give it a try... I'm sure the LEO's that are here might offer some better guidance, and the law abiding, never go over the speed limit folks will probably chime in, but from one hardened felon to another....Slow that PIG down!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Go to court..............great driving record like that will be dismissed if not appeal it.

They just laid off almost half the police force in my city, firefighters and even the public works dept were laid off too.

Should be an interesting year on the roads here. I have received quite a few breaks over the years, but there is always one in every group who would give his own mother a ticket....

True story, many years ago when I was on the other side of the law, myself and few others were pulled over for speeding, loud pipes, illegal handle bars etc.....the officer was cool checked us out and gave us a warning. About a week or so later we were drinking in a strip joint , fight broke out and the cop who was working security was getting his *** beat, we recognized him , jumped in and helped him out big time........... Till this day we are friends he is retired now but was and is respected by all who know him.

Good luck with your ticket.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:38 PM
08KING
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You haven't sped since 1975, that has got to be a record. lol.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I got nailed rolling through WA last fall, and when I mentioned it on here, I was blasted for being a second class citizen; hard core felon, and altogether no good for nuthin' SOB biker trash!! I was doing 52 in an unposted 35, completely deserted, no residents or traffic in sight zone. Price=$190.00. I called the Court, talked to the Admin Officer of the court, they laughed, told me exactly where I got the ticket, and explained that happens quite frequently in that particular part of their little community. After a brief discussion I proceeded to get the picture that the kids needed new football uniforms this year or something like that. (Never really said) Whatever..... Anyway, she said if I would write a letter, request some special disposition, (too mad to remember the terms) they would reduce the payment to $100 and NOT send the ticket either to my state or to my insurance. After 6 months it would be erased as if it never happened. Guess what I did? Of course, who in their right mind wouldn't? Lesson learned. But I'd definitely suggest you call the court and try to get some kind of reduction, 1st offense or something like that... but at least give it a try... I'm sure the LEO's that are here might offer some better guidance, and the law abiding, never go over the speed limit folks will probably chime in, but from one hardened felon to another....Slow that PIG down!!!
In our county, unless you are a regular offender, we are able to go to the State's Attorney's office, pay the ticket and volunteer for and do (with a registration fee) community service and the ticket stops there. No insurance or Motor Vehicle Administration ramifications. It's a great system. Of course, reckless driving, DUI and DWI don't qualify for the program.

OP if it were me I'd check to see if either of these sorts of options (mine or bigsky) are available. I mean once in 34 years fellows, give the guy a break.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Heh heh, all that new dash mounted radar stuff a sinner does'nt stand a chance

Old 03-29-2009, 09:31 PM
BanjoBill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure they'll put your fine $ to good use.

...Bill

Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Chasenfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DPete
70 in a 55 on the SG on a country road out in the middle of nowhere, I say "officer I have not had a ticket in 34 years how about lettin it slide" answer "Nope " I think they're on a $$ raising trend
If you weren't going over 55, go to court. If you were, pay the fine. We all take our chances sometimes, or even miss a sign indicating a change in the limit. But if you do the crime, pay the fine.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:40 PM
JHeiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pay the ticket - then go buy a radar detector. Since I put one on the bike and in the truck I have not received a ticket in 5 years. Yeah, I speed and love it - I just do everything I can to not get caught. So far it has worked.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:40 PM
gregsworld
Tourer

Uhhhh... Am I missing something here? You admit you were speeding. Sucks you got a ticket, but hey, I am sure you don't have any intention of going to court and lying about speeding. Sounds to me like you are an honest guy who SHOULD have gotten a break, but as you know, that Copper had no way of verifying your story. And, just imagine the kind of crap these guys are handed every day from people not a smidgen as honest as you (ooo, got smidgen in there.)
A little shocked at the advice to go to court and lie. Wow. Rent the safety video and take the test so you don't get the points. Pay the fine. And, hope that next time you'll get a guy who cuts you a break.
Greg

Old 03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts are as follows for what it's worth..

All the times that I should have received citations for traffic offence violations such as speeding, loud pipes, illegal handle bars, breaking incomplete stops, long yellow to red drive throughs, illegal U turn in neighborhood and other "option based risk assessed decisions" by far outway the one time that I have been caught.

It was my choice to violate the law (as rediculous or minor as the infraction may be) and accept the calculated risk if any that if I did get caught....
If ya get caught..pay the Piper! Should I get caught, not a matter of if but when, I am glad to know that I have options available to reduce points etc. My last citation was over twenty years ago and have deserved many since then. This is where the calculated risk comes in. Time and place for everything such as speeding (the most frequent of all violations).
Are you going to come to a complete stop at a neighborhood stop sign when no other traffic is present? Hell NO! Look forward behind and side to side...no PoPo? roll on! calculated risk based violation. Not all are that easy..LEO's are good at hiding in various areas. Know the areas if possible. Hard to do if passing through however, just assess the risk and watch from all sides!

"If ya gonna dance with the Devil, ya gonna eventually have to pay da fiddler!!! He may need some new strings!!!

Just my $02 worth..thanks for listening

Quick Reply: 1st ticket since 1975