Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Rolled Off My Centerdock Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear this but it is a good reminder that if you have a center stand on your scoot you want to make sure you leave it in gear when on the stand. Also, most garages have a slight slope toward the garage doors for drainage reasons so, if you park your scoot on a center stand facing the door you are increasing the risk of an accidental roll off the stand. As for the play in the clutch handle, some play is normal (~1/4 inch).

Old 03-29-2009, 05:33 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
if u roll it forward it will pop right off doesnt take much.
I would have to disagree. I recently had my bike on the Wheeldock center stand while drilling out the catalyst out of my header. I was using alot of pressure (using an air impact) pushing foward from the rear as I was drilling and I had no problems. It didn't budge!

Old 03-29-2009, 05:41 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
I would have to disagree. I recently had my bike on the Wheeldock center stand while drilling out the catalyst out of my header. I was using alot of pressure (using an air impact) pushing foward from the rear as I was drilling and I had no problems. It didn't budge!
I agree, mine takes a pretty hard push to roll it off the centerstand. It's a Wheeldock stand on an 09 Ultra. I really like this Wheeldock unit.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:07 PM
longjh53
Advanced

I have the Wheeldock Centerstand- Looks like I will need to crack open the shop manual- any tips for adjusting the clutch cable?

Old 03-29-2009, 06:36 PM
2003flhtci
Tourer

Originally Posted by 07JakeelwoodHD
Which centerstand where u using the last post I read was the wheel dock Had a Rivco on my 07 never ever moved when working on bike
I've had a Rivco for years. Major effort getting the bike up on the stand, major effort required to get it off the stand, but that thing is solid and stable. If you're on a solid surface of course, which is the only place I use it.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:44 PM
pab
Tourer

I was probably the guy mentioned by someone earlier that had my bike come off in the garage. First off let me state, what happened was my fault. My center stand is a Wheel Dock, and if used proerly, it's a good unit. My bike was on a flat surface, in gear, but not chocked. I was putting on my detachable tour pack & was having a little trouble & started pushing down & forward at the same time trying to force the connection. The bike gently went forward & sloooooowly rolled off the stand & went down on its left side. No, the jiffy stand wasn't extended. Thankfully it happened so slowly & gently there was no damage at all. However, I learned my lesson, so when I use the stand, which is only for cleaning or maintenance, I chock both wheels, extend the jiffy stand & make sure its in gear. Once again, center stands are great, but they must be used on flat, solid ground, and the wheels should always be chocked.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a tough lesson but you should never park your bike on the down hill... on either stand. Glad it was not damaged to bad.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 PM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Wheeldock stand on my bike. The other day I got on the bike, fired it up and remember something I forgot. I put the center stand down, hopped off and walked away and heard a caaarrrasssh. It was sitting in the garage on concrete and the vibration walked it off. No worries it did not hurt anything , but I will not be doing that anymore. Maybe

Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I trust mine. it takes some deliberate effort to roll it off the stand. Idling the motor or gunning it for that matter is not enough. maybe different years are different, but my EZ-UP on my 09 is rock solid and dependable.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:00 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I always hate hearing about those little "life lessons"... but fortunately the bike is ok, other than some small scratches, and you are fine. And I suspect it won't happen again. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Bike Rolled Off My Centerdock Center Stand