Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Road Glide / Ultra Tour Pack install DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyp
Does this mean that under my left side panel I should have the same wiring bundle? Even though I chose the Tour Pack without the lights I want to put the LED's on the side of the TP where the chrome trim is?
YES, and for $50 I'll pull the cover off and show it to you

Old 04-02-2009, 12:31 AM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 12:21 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added the "painted" L.E.D. Spoiler (wired for Brake light only) and the Chrome Mini-Rack on top. Still waiting for speaker pods to arrive.
-

-

-

-

Old 04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RODEO
Added the "painted" L.E.D. Spoiler (wired for Brake light only) and the Chrome Mini-Rack on top. Still waiting for speaker pods to arrive.
-

-

-

-
very functional... looks great. congrats!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:03 PM
momoharley
Intermediate

Rodeo

Great looking bike - I'm doing the same to our 09 RG.

Did you find out the part number for gromet to plug the 2 large holes at the bottom of the pak? If so can you provide the part number. Also there are two tiny around the middle of the pack, its hidden by the back rest pad - just wondering whether you know what this is for.

Thanks to all for the input on where to find the TP wiring harness. I thought that I would have had to splice the quick disconnect wire - wans't comfortable doing this as well.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:28 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Rodeo,

I've not been a real big fan of bag guards on the Road Glide, cuz they never seemed to work w/our bagstripes
..... but I gotta say, after seeing how they look on your '09, that the stripe that year really works w/bag rails.
.......... but it still doesn't make me wanna put'm on mine..... ride safe.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by momoharley
Rodeo

Great looking bike - Also there are two tiny around the middle of the pack, its hidden by the back rest pad - just wondering whether you know what this is for.
If they are the holes are aligned vertically, they are for a tour pak pouch. On Ultras, the pouch is located at the rear of the TP and use the screws that mount the light bar. If the holes are horizontal, the holes are for the passenger pad for those tour pak backrests that have the backrest separate from the passenger pad instead of attached to the backrest.

Carl

Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 PM
melodymaker
Novice

There is a lot of discussion on wiring the removable lighted tour pack on a roadglide and I'd just like to chime in on what was a disappointed wiring dissinformation that was not only recommened by two dealers but also by the service manual on my 09 RoadGlide.

First off, forget the wiring harness that is sold seperately by the dealer. It's TOO short!! Furthermore, the connector will NOT plug into the connector located under the left side cover harness. It's not a correct fit like it is at the other end of the tour pack connection. If your looking for the correct wiring harness and connectors, look to the tourpack lighted rack wiring kit. Nothing was said by three dealers on this little known harness and connectors. (Don't these guys work on these daily?) This kit comes with a 3 to 3.5ft female to female harness along with a Y connector that will "plug and play" into your tour pack. It is NOT connected to the bundled wiring that is located on the left side cover as a snake of wires but is plugged into the accessory connector at the front end and under the seat at the rear of the gas tank. Connect the other end into the connector of the tour pack leaving the other Y connector to the connector for the lights on the pack rack. It's that simple!

Unless I'm wrong in this setup, and the lights do work, am I missing something that has not been mentioned in all of the postings on this major problem for RoadGlide tourpack wiring?

Any comments are appreciated and welcomed. Hope this helps someone so they won't have the frustration and spend the money needlessly that I went through.

Scott

Last edited by melodymaker; 05-16-2010 at 11:07 PM.