Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Road Glide / Ultra Tour Pack install DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:06 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraTheo
Hey Rodeo, looks good. Soon you will have an Ultra! Let us know how the fairing change goes! LOL
Nope, she'll remain a Shark up front but an Ultra from behind. Hogg Chopp lowers are next, but later this year.
THEN she'll be darn near complete for me.... (Maybe chromed wheels at tire change time?)

Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

good for you...

Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
testifer
Road Master

my hogg chopps will be here next week

Old 03-31-2009, 09:26 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. I like the premium hinges, first look I have had at those. I did the ultra thing myself and have been very satisfied. Good looking bike.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Texas Pro Stocker
Cruiser

RODEO, When you get your tour pac led spoiler it will have a harness long enough to reach the acc plug near the base of the fuel tank along with a 4 pin duetsh connector that has to be assembled (very easy). If you want you can splice it into the existing tour pac harness or you'll have to run 2 harnesses if not.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Congrats on your successful project; ya' done good.

Not sure why you would need the dealer to do any wiring for the TP lights. The bike has a TP harness on it; you'll probably find it coiled and zip tied to the frame on the left side under the seat. It will have a three-wire, black plastic connector on the end. That should mate with the detachable harness you bought which plugs into the bike's TP harness and the permanent harness inside the TP. At least that's how they were previously.

Let us know how it's wired.

Again, looks great and nice job.
My TP harness onmy 09 was under the LEFT side cover, wrapped up with the antenna wire. Had to strip off the insulator and after unwrapping and stretching it along the frame and having enoug wire out to reach the TP internal wiring got some heat shrink black wire wrap and put it over the wires to hel protect them., My service manager told me that ALL 08-09 Glides have the SAME wiring harness.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Rodeo,

Compliments! You took your time, didn't rush splicing stuff, and it came out awesome. I'm not sure I would have had the control to keep on track. Really nice

Old 04-01-2009, 03:59 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Texas Pro Stocker
RODEO, When you get your tour pac led spoiler it will have a harness long enough to reach the acc plug near the base of the fuel tank along with a 4 pin duetsh connector that has to be assembled (very easy). If you want you can splice it into the existing tour pac harness or you'll have to run 2 harnesses if not.
I'm planning to use it only as a "Brake" light so I will likely just tap it into the existing wiring right there in the Tourpack. (2 wires to tap, no big deal)

Old 04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by testifer
my hogg chopps will be here next week
Please let me know what you think of them, maybe do a quick review with a few photos? They look good and the price seems right.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this mean that under my left side panel I should have the same wiring bundle? Even though I chose the Tour Pack without the lights I want to put the LED's on the side of the TP where the chrome trim is?
Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Congrats on your successful project; ya' done good.

Not sure why you would need the dealer to do any wiring for the TP lights. The bike has a TP harness on it; you'll probably find it coiled and zip tied to the frame on the left side under the seat. It will have a three-wire, black plastic connector on the end. That should mate with the detachable harness you bought which plugs into the bike's TP harness and the permanent harness inside the TP. At least that's how they were previously.

Let us know how it's wired.

Again, looks great and nice job.

Quick Reply: 09 Road Glide / Ultra Tour Pack install DONE!